TMZ has learned that a lawsuit has been filed against Brandy by her former housekeeper who alleges she was fired in February because of her age.
The unidentified housekeeper accuses the singer of no longer wanting an “older” caretaker. She claims to be over 60 years old.
The housekeeper is seeking $250,000 in damages after allegedly failing to pay for her last two days of work, and never allowing her to take legally required breaks.
She allegedly earned $125 per day cleaning up her Calabasas’ home over the last 20 years.
“We disagree and will have further comments after we speak with our lawyers,” a rep for Brandy responded in a statement.
Brandy and her stylist Ashley Sean Thomas were sued in January by fashion designer Elle B. Mambetov over the alleged disappearance of a $45,000 ring.
Mambetov claims Thomas asked her last year about borrowing clothes and jewellery for Brandy’s appearance at the upcoming American Music Awards.
Mambetov gave Thomas a few outfits and a Dreamboule Big Bang Diamond Ring, but the latter was never returned.
She alleges in court docs that the 18-karat rose gold ring was last seen on a piano in Brandy’s home.
Brandy claims she didn’t wear anything from Mambetov to the AMAs, and the above photo taken at the award show may support her argument since the ring in question doesn’t appear to be on her finger.
“Brandy never saw the ring and has no knowledge of it ever being in her presence. It was never a part of her look for the event,” the singer’s rep said.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Ghana has failed to play its foreign policy well – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Ghana should be careful not to fall into a geopolitical trap – Dr. Hlorvor
- Ghana is important to the US – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Gold Mafia: Kenyan once honoured with ‘Lifetime Africa Achievement’ uncovered as Africa’s foremost gold smuggler
- Why Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ is a ‘maybe’
- You can’t intervene in anti-LGBTQ+ bill; you’re not in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo
- Tarkwa Rotary Club conducts medical screening for inmates of Tarkwa prisons
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- GhLA CEO Hayford Siaw honoured by global philanthropy organisation, Reach for Change
- World Water Day: Youth engagement maximized to achieve SDG 6
- Livestream: PM Express discusses US-Ghana relations
- Hey please! I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Bole-Bamboi MP calls for rerun of the election that approved six ministerial nominees
- ‘He devoted himself to the Danquah-Dombo-Busia tradition’ – Akufo-Addo eulogises late Kumawu MP
- ECG disconnects Ghana Post Accra branch over GH¢89,000 debt