The Deputy Minister of Energy Dr. Amin Adams, is adamant on decreasing unemployment levels by creating jobs in the oil industry.
In a three-pronged outline, he told reporters at a news conference in Accra that he plans on activating a Tema shipyard to ensure vessels from other countries are imported there for repairs.
Adams said his Ministry also intends on putting up fabrication yards to develop parts of the FPSO Kwame Nkrumah, an offloading vessel operating off the Jubilee oil fields in the country. These efforts would ramp up oil and shipping in West Africa.
The efforts will be led through local content policies, agenda that have been identified as a means for global economies to strengthen its relationships with each other.
Key sectors include the petroleum, construction, coastal, water, shipping, power, agriculture, pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries.
IMANI Center for Policy & Education, in collaboration with Business Sector Advocacy Challenge (BUSAC), invited key stakeholders from Botswana Zambia, Nigeria, India, Zimbabwe and South Africa for a comparative analysis to further facilitate discussions on emerging issues.
Remarks included discussions from Barbara Andoh, a research associate at IMANI and Samuel Atta Akyea, Minister of Works and Housing.
The IMANI Center for Policy and Education is a Ghana-based think tank with an objective to form independent analyses on many key issues facing the continent. The organization has over 50 media allies in Africa.
The Business Sector Advocacy Challenge (BUSAC) aims to foster advocacy for private sector business groups and associations in Ghana. The group has provided 362 advocacy grants to businesses within the ten regions of Ghana.
provided a total of 362 advocacy grants to various business groups and associations within the ten regions of Ghana.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Farmers without alternative jobs getting poorer – Report
- World Bank Africa Vice President Hafez Ghanem to visit Ghana
- Parliament passes Payment Systems and Settlement bill
- Bawumia leads Economic Management team town Hall meeting on April 3
- Eurobond success vote of confidence in economic resurgence - Gov’t
- Accra Marriott Hotel goes one hour dark to mark Earth Hour
- China closes in on plane order from Africa amid overseas push
- Century bond not off the table – Ofori-Atta
- Ghana gets $185m from IMF after final review of fund programme
- Barclays collaborates with GCX to support farmers, traders on local bourse
- Cabinet approves automobile industrial policy
- IMF board passes Ghana on final review, bringing an end to the Fund’s program
- Grand finale of Ecobank Xpress Account Promo rewards 136 loyal customers
- Recent cedi depreciation 'nothing to do with fundamentals' - Economist
- Cedi depreciation: Too late for political jabs - Information Minister tells Minority