The Deputy Minister of Energy Dr. Amin Adams, is adamant on decreasing unemployment levels by creating jobs in the oil industry.
In a three-pronged outline, he told reporters at a news conference in Accra that he plans on activating a Tema shipyard to ensure vessels from other countries are imported there for repairs.
Adams said his Ministry also intends on putting up fabrication yards to develop parts of the FPSO Kwame Nkrumah, an offloading vessel operating off the Jubilee oil fields in the country. These efforts would ramp up oil and shipping in West Africa.
The efforts will be led through local content policies, agenda that have been identified as a means for global economies to strengthen its relationships with each other.
Key sectors include the petroleum, construction, coastal, water, shipping, power, agriculture, pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries.
IMANI Center for Policy & Education, in collaboration with Business Sector Advocacy Challenge (BUSAC), invited key stakeholders from Botswana Zambia, Nigeria, India, Zimbabwe and South Africa for a comparative analysis to further facilitate discussions on emerging issues.
Remarks included discussions from Barbara Andoh, a research associate at IMANI and Samuel Atta Akyea, Minister of Works and Housing.
The IMANI Center for Policy and Education is a Ghana-based think tank with an objective to form independent analyses on many key issues facing the continent. The organization has over 50 media allies in Africa.
The Business Sector Advocacy Challenge (BUSAC) aims to foster advocacy for private sector business groups and associations in Ghana. The group has provided 362 advocacy grants to businesses within the ten regions of Ghana.
provided a total of 362 advocacy grants to various business groups and associations within the ten regions of Ghana.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- The greed factor in investment decisions
- Societe Generale sells South African unit to ABSA
- NPA denies allegations of ‘reckless victimisation’ of local LPG operators
- Mobile telephony: State-operator relations - A land to clear
- Bill Gates: The best investment I’ve ever made
- Mining leases without ratification: ‘Prosecute’ past ministers – Dr Manteaw
- Vodafone tops nominations for IPR's 7th National Communication & PR Awards
- Key African Central Banks to hold rates on CPI, oil prices
- China's growth set to slow to 6.3% in 2019
- GRA to introduce new measure to control transit trading
- Moody’s lauds banking sector reforms
- Tullow targets drilling, completion of works on new wells in this year
- Ghanaian-Lebanese appointed CEO of MTN Afghanistan
- GUTA confident of possible reduction in import duties
- Tunisia Trade Mission targets Ghana as strategic point of investment