The Deputy Minister of Energy Dr. Amin Adams, is adamant on decreasing unemployment levels by creating jobs in the oil industry.
In a three-pronged outline, he told reporters at a news conference in Accra that he plans on activating a Tema shipyard to ensure vessels from other countries are imported there for repairs.
Adams said his Ministry also intends on putting up fabrication yards to develop parts of the FPSO Kwame Nkrumah, an offloading vessel operating off the Jubilee oil fields in the country. These efforts would ramp up oil and shipping in West Africa.
The efforts will be led through local content policies, agenda that have been identified as a means for global economies to strengthen its relationships with each other.
Key sectors include the petroleum, construction, coastal, water, shipping, power, agriculture, pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries.
IMANI Center for Policy & Education, in collaboration with Business Sector Advocacy Challenge (BUSAC), invited key stakeholders from Botswana Zambia, Nigeria, India, Zimbabwe and South Africa for a comparative analysis to further facilitate discussions on emerging issues.
Remarks included discussions from Barbara Andoh, a research associate at IMANI and Samuel Atta Akyea, Minister of Works and Housing.
The IMANI Center for Policy and Education is a Ghana-based think tank with an objective to form independent analyses on many key issues facing the continent. The organization has over 50 media allies in Africa.
The Business Sector Advocacy Challenge (BUSAC) aims to foster advocacy for private sector business groups and associations in Ghana. The group has provided 362 advocacy grants to businesses within the ten regions of Ghana.
provided a total of 362 advocacy grants to various business groups and associations within the ten regions of Ghana.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli deported to Ghana
- Inflation for October declines to 9.5%
- Gov’t spends $8.58m on Business Resource Centers nationwide
- Ghana affirms commitment to liberal airspace in Yamoussoukro Decision Day
- GLICO Life champions customer satisfaction
- AirtelTigo announces completion of nationwide network integration, upgrades
- See list: BoG bans 125 persons from holding current account
- MTN adjudged CSR company of the year
- Inlaks partners Temenos to win core banking application project in Cameroon
- UBA Ghana exceeds BoG’s minimum capital requirement
- Emirates expands partnership with Uber to offer seamless journey
- Communications ministry fights BoG over Mobile Money data
- Ranking of 20 Most Credible Banks in Ghana revealed
- World's 'most excellent' airlines for 2019 revealed
- Ghana Commodity Exchange executes first electronic trade