A California man has been arrested after he allegedly abducted his two-year-old son and killed the toddler’s biological mother.
According to the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department, 42-year-old Celestine John Stoot Jr. fled the scene of the slaying which took place inside a home in Lakeland Village, Calif., on Monday (July 5). The body of Natasha Denise Barlow, 43, was reportedly discovered the same day.
Authorities say Stoot took his son with Barlow, Celestine Stoot III with him, and the two were found in Las Vegas at around 5:45 p.m. on Tuesday.
Celestine was “unharmed and law enforcement is in the process of reuniting him with his family,” the department said in a press release. Stoot “will be booked into the Clark County jail pending his extradition to Riverside County,” the department said, according to PEOPLE.
On Monday, an Amber Alert was issued but deactivated once Stoot and his son were found. Police have not revealed how Natasha died, but Los Angeles station KTLA reported her family claims she was fatally shot. According to Natasha’s sister, Lakeisha Barlow, her body was discovered during a welfare check after her family couldn’t get in touch with her.
Natasha’s oldest sister, Genique Stanford, told the news station that Barlow was a mother of seven.
“She has four young children, from 15 to 2 years old, who need their mom and who now don’t have a mom,” Stanford said.
The investigation into the incident is currently ongoing.
- Alleged $5m CJ bribe: Ogyeedom’s lawyer to answer 9 charges before GLC
- Fishermen in Elmina reject food items from Fisheries Minister
- High Court restores Senyo Hosi’s ¢8m defamation case against Kennedy Agyapong
- Assin North ruling: Our victory cannot be stolen in the face of travesty of justice – Gyaakye Quayson
- University of Ghana staff market shuts down until further notice
- Nigerian socialite, Hushpuppi faces 20 years in jail over fraud allegations
- National Cathedral to be commissioned on March 6, 2024 – Ken Ofori-Atta
- We are ready to organise fresh election in Assin North – EC
- BOST disagrees with court ruling on payment of ¢10m judgement debt
- Playback: Finance Minister presents Mid-Year budget review to Parliament
Dumasi youth attack on Future Global Resources forces mine to close down temporarily
Today’s frontpages: Friday, July 30, 2021
Grammy is the dream, I am working towards it – Mona 4Real
Committee to probe immigration officers cited in exposé demanding money for entry at borders
Kokomlemle residents call for underground power transmission cables
Precious Baidoo: MOMO with ID – An inclusion mechanism or exclusion starter pack?
Tax Exemptions bill to be taken to Parliament by end of 2021 – Deputy Finance Minister
Ken Ofori-Atta didn’t ask for more money but will end up spending more – Ato Forson
Amnesty Ghana urges government to protect prisoners, citizens’ rights
Government make strides in road construction
Government must consult academia, industry in order to win ‘galamsey’ fight – Researcher
‘Things to buy for Our Day’ – How a pupil’s petition to his mother became a national emergency
Police arrest suspected criminals in swoop, retrieve weapons in Kumasi
Avoid EU’s past mistakes – Flood Resilience expert warns Africa
Government declares August 4, public holiday to mark Founders Day