Chelsea have signed centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly on a four-year deal from Serie A side Napoli.
The Senegal international, 31, joined Napoli from Genk in 2014 and made 317 appearances for the Italian side.
His arrival at Stamford Bridge follows the departures of defenders Antonio Rudiger to Real Madrid and Andreas Christensen to Barcelona, both on free transfers.
“I’m very happy to be here with this team at Chelsea,” said Koulibaly.
“It’s a big team in the world, and my dream was always to play in the Premier League. Chelsea came first to get me in 2016, but we didn’t make it. Now when they came to me, I accepted it because they really wanted me to come to the Premier League to play for them.
“When I spoke to my good friends Edou [Mendy] and Jorginho, they made my choice easier.”
Koulibaly made his senior debut for Senegal in September 2015 and has since earned 62 caps, captaining the team to victory at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.
Boehly said: “Kalidou Koulibaly is one of the world’s elite defenders, and we are delighted to be welcoming him to Chelsea.
“A great leader and an exemplary team player, Kalidou brings a wealth of experience and attributes that will benefit our squad and the club as a whole.”
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Kwesi Yankah: Dear Ace Ankomah, the Birim River is gone
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- I’m a record-breaker, but they hate to project it – Zahara says of critics
- I am grateful to Asantehene and other chiefs for protecting Dr. Bawumia – Nayiri
- 95% of human trafficking survivors in shelter homes are Nigerians – Gender Ministry
- From the streets to Mandela’s feet – Zahara tells her story
- Small Scale Miners unhappy with Lands Ministry handling of Wontumi’s mining firm
- Livestream: PM Express discusses ‘Galamsey’
- The Countess of Wessex visits DRC to show urgent need to tackle sexual violence in conflict
- 843 KNUST Mastercard Foundation scholars benefit from short courses
- Your directive to SIGA D-G unnecessary – Clement Apaak tells Akufo-Addo
- Weija-Gbawe Assembly provides safe havens for displaced flood victims
- South Dayi MP donates items to support schools in district
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- Milovan Rajevac calls for Black Stars unity as World Cup looms