Multiple award-winning rapper, Michael Owusu Addo, popularly known as Sarkodie or ‘Obidi’, says, music producer Hammer of the Last Two treated him like a well-established musician when he was only a new artiste trying to find his feet in the industry.
Sarkodie recalled a moment when the Sound Engineer suddenly declared that he had a ‘superstar’ in his presence, leaving him puzzled.
“I remember one time when I was cruising with him, I was seated at the back and, he [Da’ Hammer] looked at me through the rear-view mirror and said: WOW! I have a superstar in my car… And these were the days when I was still wearing chalewote,” the ‘Baby’ hitmaker revealed in an exclusive interview with Andy Dosty on The Library on Hitz FM.
Obidi revealed that Hammer of the Last Two used to urge other people to seize the opportunity and take pictures with Sarkodie before he becomes famous.
“I remember when Hammer used to tell people all the time… He went like: Take pictures with this guy. You might not be able to take it two or three years to come,” he said.
In the fourth episode of The Library show, the ‘Rollies and Cigars’ rapper also talked about the record producer’s foresight and the positive influence he had over his artistes.
“Hammer of the Last Two is one of those people who like to bring the best out of you. He sees you beyond how you see yourself. He is like a prophet – he says stuff that’s going to happen later on.”
Furthermore, ‘The Highest’ rapper disclosed that, Hammer of the Last Two praised his artistes and made them realize their self-worth at the beginning of their careers.
He explained that the celebrated producer made them feel like they were the biggest musicians in the game and that Sarkodie describes as a remarkable trait of the legendary record producer.
The CEO of Sarkcess Music, Sarkodie, currently has eight projects (seven studio albums; one EP) to his credit.
His contributions to the Ghanaian music industry has earned him numerous accolades, including the VGMA ‘Artiste of the Decade’ in 2019.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Livestream: PM Express business edition discusses impact of policy rate on businesses
- Gertrude Agyemang: Customer Service Week and the ECG prepaid meter challenge
- NDC has no evidence to prove my involvement in ‘galamsey’ – Ellembelle DCE
- KNUST students develop cost-effective instrument to measure temperature and light energy from the sun
- MP has been a challenge in fight against ‘galamsey’ in my district – Ellembelle DCE
- 2 women in court over alleged assault on Besease M/A JHS teacher
- Alberta Mortty: I love my breast; I love my life more
- Assistant headmaster of Mpatasie D/A dies in ‘galamsey’ pit
- 36 arrested in Ejisu for alleged network marketing scamming
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- #NoToGalamsey: Failure to deal with ‘galamsey’ could lead to street terrorism – Prof. Gatsi
- AngloGold Ashanti pleased with community support to ward off illegal miners from Obuasi concession
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Prosecute Chairman Wontumi, Charles Bissue, others neck-deep in galamsey – NDC to Akufo-Addo