Audio By Carbonatix
Britain's former heavyweight world champion David Haye has no plans to fight again professionally, his trainer Adam Booth has told BBC Sport.
Booth said that Haye, who brawled with Dereck Chisora in Munich on Saturday, would only come out of retirement to fight WBC champion Vitali Klitschko.
But Booth then revealed: "[Vitali's promoter] Bernd Boente categorically said that fight would never happen.
"So David is still retired and has no plans to fight again."
Haye, who lost his WBA belt to Wladimir Klitschko last July and retired in October, was in Munich as a television commentator and watched Wladimir's Ukrainian brother Vitali successfully defend his heavyweight crown against Britain's Chisora.
However, Haye became embroiled in an ugly spat with Chisora during a news conference that followed the fight.
When asked whether there was any truth in rumours that the fight had been set up to help spark interest in a future bout between the fighters, Booth, who suffered a cut head in the melee, laughed: "If that was staged, I didn't get that memo because I would have ducked.
"David had no intention before and has no intention now of fighting Dereck Chisora."
Haye lost his WBA belt to Wladimir Klitschko last July and retired in October.
"He was there to see if there was a fight with Vitali Klitschko because he's always said the only people he would come out of retirement for are one of the Klitschko brothers and what happened on Saturday doesn't change that."
Booth refused to aportion any blame to either fighter following the unsavoury incident, preferring instead to focus on Chisora's showing in the ring.
"I gave him no chance in that fight just like everyone else did but he proved he belonged at world level," Booth admitted.
"With more improvement he could be the next British heavyweight champion."
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Toxic exposure from galamsey puts elderly at greater risk of kidney damage — Public health expert
23 minutes -
Big talk, small receipts: the politics of promises and policy
24 minutes -
Mahama says Ghana will reduce 70% medicine import dependence under five-year plan
27 minutes -
Study reveals high rate of uropathogens among Ghanaian elderly
29 minutes -
Christabel wins first Star Chef title as Big Chef Season 5 begins
30 minutes -
Tanker drivers begin three-day strike over alleged fuel measurement inaccuracies at BOST Kumasi
31 minutes -
Trump says US to reduce military drills with South Korea after it stayed out of Iran war
33 minutes -
Greater Manchester NDC UK branch elects new executives
33 minutes -
Ghana’s anti-corruption fight has stagnated— Transparency International
38 minutes -
UMB, ORC partner to make business registration easier for entrepreneurs
42 minutes -
Cedi is ‘long overdue for a refresh’ – Mahama
44 minutes -
GenCED urges NPP to extend 50% nomination fee reduction to women, youth and PWDs
49 minutes -
The source of cedi appreciation matters more than the appreciation itself
56 minutes -
Ashanti cocoa farmers welcome new COCOBOD Bill, back key reforms
59 minutes -
‘GoldBod is a very big scandal awaiting us’ – Afenyo-Markin
60 minutes