A driver who constantly abused his 16 year-old daughter sexually despite cautions from relations was on Monday sentenced to six years imprisonment with hard labour by an Accra Circuit Court.
Robert Ayemfrah, charged with incest, pleaded guilty and was convicted accordingly.
Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Lawrence Gbele told the court, presided over by Mr C.A. Wilson that the victim lived with her father at Teshie in Accra and she slept in the sitting room while Agyemfra and victim’s stepmother slept in the bedroom.
During the later part of last year and early 2009 Agyemfra left the bedroom and had sex with the victim in the sitting room.
The prosecution said the victim became fed up with her father’s conduct and called her grandmother who lived in Tutu, Akwapim, on phone and reported the ordeal she had been going through.
Agyemfra was therefore invited to Tutu where he was cautioned to desist from that.
However, ASP Gbele said, the warning did not deter Agyemfra and he continued to abuse her daughter sexually.
The victim therefore reported the matter to her school authorities. A complaint was also lodged with the Police.
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- Power providers can’t guarantee consistency with ‘dumsor’ timetable – Energy Analyst
- SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- Hyundai, KIA to establish assembly plants in Ghana in 2022
- There’s no scientific evidence that Free SHS led to success in WASSCE – Peter Anti
- Kumasi traders call on ECG to extend ‘dumsor’ timetable to Ashanti region
Asantehene calls on Ghanaians to fight against climate change
Weed, snakes, engulf government’s One-District-One-Warehouse facilities
The world marks Earth Day
NDC’s horse was strong, rider was also strong – Ofosu-Ampofo responds to Kunbour
Ghana Poultry Project trains youth in entrepreneurship
SMT Ghana assist construction of School project in Tarkwa
Deputy Lands Minister-designate assures of solutions to La stool lands dispute
Suspending prospecting activities in forest reserves a good step – Ken Ashigbey
Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail
16 ‘galamsey’ excavators seized at Amenfi West in Western Region
2 sales personnel convicted for stealing
Armed illegal chainsaw operators frustrating forestry officers in Dormaa West District
Protect Ghana’s Covid-19 strides – GHS advises increased adherence to protocols
Court jails labourer 15 years for defilement
Eli Hini appointed as first CEO of MobileMoney Limited