Audio By Carbonatix
The closure of the Surgical Medical Emergency Unit of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH) has not brought significant pressure on other hospitals of Accra.
Admission of emergency cases at the James Town Ussher Polyclinic has not seen any tremendous increase, the Hospital authorities said, attributing it to the referral of cases to the appropriate hospitals.
The situation at the Korle Bu Polyclinic remains normal. Only 35 admission cases had been recorded as at the time of the visit which hospital authorities said was a normal situation.
Authorities at the KBTH on Monday closed down the Surgical Medical Emergency Unit of the Hospital from January 29 to January 31 to allow for old cases to be treated as a result of congestion.
The Unit treats cases of trauma and others such as sickle cell crisis and stomach upsets. Such cases are treated and discharged within a period of 48 hours but refer severe cases to the Unit's wards.
The Unit's 36-bed capacity could not contain the 69 cases on its hands at the time of the closure.
Source GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Türkiye’s exports to Africa rise 12.6% to $13.3bn in seven months
1 hour -
Togo detains two French journalists and their Togolese fixer
1 hour -
Today’s Front pages: Thursday, August 20, 2026
1 hour -
GIPA, GUTA outline roadmap to protect informal retail space for Ghanaians
2 hours -
GIPA invites investors to maiden ‘Invest Ghana Summit’
2 hours -
Election Watch Ghana to hold national dialogue on Vigilantism and Related Offences Act
2 hours -
The Algorithmic Gavel: Analysing automated customs valuation, ICUMS and the rule of law in international trade
2 hours -
GRIDCo identifies Akosombo–Volta line fault as cause of widespread power outage
3 hours -
Dodowa-Afienya-Dawhenya road project to be completed by December – Contractor
3 hours -
Galamsey fight must go beyond empty slogans; it requires conscious effort – Methodist Church
4 hours -
GoldBod, BoG should share cost of domestic gold programme – Dr Sarkodie
4 hours -
DGPP losses could leave taxpayers to recapitalise BoG – Prof Bokpin
4 hours -
GAUA suspends strike ahead of August 25 meeting with Fair Wages
4 hours -
Big Push road projects targeted for completion by end of 2027 – Suhuyini
4 hours -
Early morning blackout disrupts power supply across several regions
4 hours