Dancehall act, Stonebwoy, has stated that the Ghana Music Artiste of the Year Awards for 2016 and 2016 should have been given to him.
According to him, his output during those years was second to none.
BET award winner and 2015 Artiste of the Year believes strongly that he was robbed of the awards in the 2016 and 2017 editions, which were won by E.L and Joe Mettle respectively.
Some artistes have already started campaigning for the coveted accolade at next year’s Ghana Music Awards.
2017 New Artiste of the Year, Fancy Gadam believes his hard work in the year under review has surpassed all which should spur him on to grabbing it this year.
Songstress Ebony holds the same view while Kuami Eugene has indicated his desire to grab the ultimate award should he be nominated.
The debate as to who goes home with the plaque on the night is already gaining momentum ahead of the final showdown next year.
Stonebwoy speaking in an interview with JoyNews’ Doreen Avio stated that his trips outside the country at the time of the awards possibly worked against him.
He added that winning ‘Artiste of the Year’ in 2015 and going all the way to win a BET award is a record which is yet to be broken.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled
- Musiga elections postponed to July 10
- Absolute Worship comes off July 7
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials