Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jr, popularly known as Shatta Wale, has been enskinned ‘Dancehall King’ by the Chief of Tamale.
Chief of Tamale, Nyeb-Dakpema Fusieni Bawa, enskninned the controversial singer as ‘Dancehall Naa’ (Dancehall King) at a ceremony in Tamale on Friday.
Hundreds of fans and well-wishers trooped to the Dakpema Palace in Tamale for the ceremony.
“Thanks to his eminence the Chief and elders of the palace in Tamale, the people and youth of Tamale for the honour bestowed upon me. I know your prayers and love will fortify this union and open doors for the youth and people in Tamale and the rest of northern people. I am humbled,” Shata Wale, dressed in a smock and some other traditional regalia, said after the ceremony.
After the ceremony, Tamale music star, Maccasio joined Shatta Wale and hundreds of teeming fans for a float across some principal streets of Tamale.
The dancehall act is scheduled to join Maccasio for a concert at the Aliu Mahama Sports Stadium this Saturday, June 8, 2019.
See photos below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I won't invite 'people' to my wedding – Lilwin
- Steve Bedi to headline PAMA Festival 2019
- Ben Brako tops Global Music Charts with 'Shame and Scandal'
- Bible isn't against Marijuana, stop preaching against it – Rev. Abbeam
- Burna Boy deserved his BET award – Davido
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to assault
- Michelle Obama and Stephen Fry help drive audiobook boom
- Unemployment cause of increased nudity - Vicky Zugah
- Consistency and not hits alone make a good artiste - eShun
- Video: ‘I cannot say Medikal is a fraud boy’ - Strongman
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled