Audio By Carbonatix
Lawyer for the Economic and Organized Crime Office (EOCO), Dr. Philip Anderson has expressed displeasure over a Human Rights Court ruling which slapped a GHS 50,000 fine on the anti-graft agency in the case involving the Ghana Football Association.
In December last year, officials of EOCO broke into the offices of GFA and made away with documents and files on the grounds of alleged corruption in the FA.
The football governing body was not pleased with the manner in which the EOCO conducted its affairs and sought redress in court and today the court ruled in the FA’s favour.
Although Dr. Philip Anderson did not specify whether EOCO will file for an appeal, he said the legal team is examining the ruling critically to decide on which action to take next.
“As a lawyer I cannot publicly disclose the next step we are going to take yet because we are still examining the papers,” Lawyer Anderson said.
Meanwhile, the lawyer of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Mr. Thadeus Sory has expressed his satisfaction with the GH 50,000 fine slapped on EOCO.
He said the decision by the Human Right Court is a step in the right direction because EOCO went beyond its legal mandate.
“The court has upheld the right of the private citizen but we will not speculate on the results yet. I will talk to the GFA officials so we can advise ourselves on the next step to take.” Lawyer Thadeus Sory said.
Story by: Maame Esi Thompson/Adom News/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Africa must become a destination for investment, not aid — Deputy Finance Minister
28 minutes -
Regulation by invoicing: Systemic flaws in NITA’s licensing push and threat to Ghana’s digital trust
32 minutes -
‘I’m sick and tired of this country’ – Ghanaian in South Africa pour out frustrations at meeting with Foreign Affairs Minister
56 minutes -
‘Mum’s dementia means I live in the moment with her’
1 hour -
Energy Commission champions Clean Energy Transition
1 hour -
International Day of the Boy Child marked in Accra
2 hours -
BoG losses will not recur at last year’s scale — Governor Asiama assures
2 hours -
Without trust, digital finance is just technology – BoG Governor
2 hours -
Mental disorders increase by 95.5% globally since 1990 – Study
2 hours -
See the areas that will be affected by ECG’s planned maintenance on May 25
2 hours -
Fire destroys six-bedroom house in Koforidua
4 hours -
Government deploys armoured buses disguised as VIP, STC and OA coaches to fight highway robberies
4 hours -
GES director raises alarm over 300 teacher deficits in the Asutifi North District
4 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Nii Ayetey Tagoe wins bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
6 hours -
FHU alumnus launches medical textbook
6 hours