The death toll from explosions at a military base in Equatorial Guinea has risen to 105, the health ministry says.

Some 133 people were still in hospital, the ministry said in a tweet.

A total total of 615 people were injured in the blasts.

The death toll rose after seven more corpses were discovered on Tuesday, the AFP news agency reports, quoting the state television.

The blasts on Sunday hit the Nkoantoma military base in the country’s main city, Bata, and caused huge damage to buildings and homes.

President Obiang Nguema said they had been caused “by the negligence of a unit charged with the care and protection of stores of dynamite and explosives”