The death toll from explosions at a military base in Equatorial Guinea has risen to 105, the health ministry says.
Some 133 people were still in hospital, the ministry said in a tweet.
A total total of 615 people were injured in the blasts.
⚠️Datos de la emergencia sanitaria en Bata:— Guinea Salud (@GuineaSalud) March 9, 2021
🔵 615 heridos:
– 482 dados de alta
– 133 permanecen ingresados en Hospital Regional de Bata, Centro Médico la Paz y Policlínico Guinea Salud
🔵Cifra oficial de fallecidos:
– 105 fallecidos reportados hasta ahora
Fuente: @La_Vice_Press pic.twitter.com/SXoRzduC1p
The death toll rose after seven more corpses were discovered on Tuesday, the AFP news agency reports, quoting the state television.
The blasts on Sunday hit the Nkoantoma military base in the country’s main city, Bata, and caused huge damage to buildings and homes.
President Obiang Nguema said they had been caused “by the negligence of a unit charged with the care and protection of stores of dynamite and explosives”
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- Banks in Ghana too profitable; impose ‘Bank Tax’ on their investments – British Financial Economist
- Assin-North by-election: Charles Opoku has no allegiance to Assin-North constituency – Mustapha Gbande
- Gbi Godenu, other communities in Hohoe to soon become defecation free with new public toilet facilities
- Ada Traditional Council seeks state security for Songor Salt Project
- Help care for the aged in the society – Noble Age Foundation
- From Eric’s Diary: Ei! So, NPP can break the 8?
- Gov’t remains committed to protecting Anglogold Ashanti Mines – Lands Minister
- Dutch & Co’s logo evolution reflects an exciting future for the company
- Military officers from 6 Infantry Battalion end 4-week course on violent extremism in Tamale
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- No basic school has new curriculum textbooks – Clement Apaak
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- Bonn Climate Change Conference: AGN pushes adaptation measures for women and youth
- Toptech Ghana to provide ISO certified defensive driving course for corporate and VIP drivers
- Persons who invade or attack AngloGold Ashanti will be arrested and prosecuted – Abu Jinapor
- Let’s review the Fertilizer Subsidy Programme-GIRSAL to MoFA