Audio By Carbonatix
It is likely AC Milan’s midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng would be compelled to play in Ghana’s game against Congo if the Ghana Football Association is not convinced about his injury report, the FA’s vice-president Fred Pappoe has hinted.
The German-born Ghanaian international pulled out of Sunday’s vital African Cup of Nations match in Brazzaville claiming he aggravated an ankle injury after his Club’s clash with Palermo last week.
Mr Pappoe told host of Joy FM’s Supper Morning Show Kojo Oppong-Nkrumah, that his outfit has received a “string of reports” from the club on Wednesday, buttressing the fact that he is indeed injured, but the FA would have to subject them to further scrutiny.
He explained that “medical quotes” from the club have been referred to the Black stars’ medical team “to access it and give us an opinion”.
The FA vice-president said the association will take a final decision on the player based on their own medical reports.
“But [until the report comes out] we have not taken any decision on him now as to whether to excuse him or invite him to come over.”
Mr Pappoe also hinted that if the need arises, Kevin Prince Boateng would be invited to undergo “further medical examination”.
Meanwhile, a Ghana football website, Ghanasoccernet, reports that the Ghana international who featured for the Black Stars in the last World Cup in South Africa, might have faked his injury.
It quoted a statement from AC Milan’s website dated Wednesday 23 March, 2011, which shows that he has been released to join the Black Stars.
“And even if he’s injured, as he claims, he did not turn up for treatment as other injured AC Milan players did on Wednesday at the club’s training ground,” the website pointed out.
Meanwhile, AC Milan’s official website stated that “the following Milan players will be involved in African Nations Cup qualifiers: Boateng: Congo-Ghana and England-Ghana (March 27 and 29).”
Story by Isaac Essel/Myjoyonline.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
International Day of the Boy Child marked in Accra
4 minutes -
BoG losses will not recur at last year’s scale — Governor Asiama assures
19 minutes -
Without trust, digital finance is just technology – BoG Governor
42 minutes -
Mental disorders increase by 95.5% globally since 1990 – Study
42 minutes -
See the areas that will be affected by ECG’s planned maintenance on May 25
44 minutes -
Fire destroys six-bedroom house in Koforidua
2 hours -
Government deploys armoured buses disguised as VIP, STC and OA coaches to fight highway robberies
2 hours -
GES director raises alarm over 300 teacher deficits in the Asutifi North District
2 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Nii Ayetey Tagoe wins bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
4 hours -
FHU alumnus launches medical textbook
4 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Obeng clinches bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
4 hours -
Rescuers search for more than 20 trapped after Philippines building collapse
5 hours -
Publican AI and the A–B–C Corridor
5 hours -
Blast targeting train kills at least 20 in Pakistan
5 hours -
Attacks on Ebola centres intensify in eastern DRC amid outbreak fears
5 hours