Audio By Carbonatix
After its title charge in Spain's La Liga stalled, Real Madrid is planning to take action against supporters who allegedly vandalized cars owned by the club's players.
The squad returned to the Spanish capital following its 2-1 defeat by arch rival Barcelona in the early hours of Monday morning where they were met by fans who were unhappy with their display.
It is alleged that cars, including those owned by Gareth Bale and Jese Rodriguez were both targeted, while coach Carlo Ancelotti was also allegedly abused.
Real said on its website that it had suspended a club member and banned him from their properties pending an investigation.
Three men are alleged to have insulted players and struck at least one of the vehicles.
"The club has already identified the individuals responsible, one a Real Madrid member, for these aggressive and violent actions against several of our players," Real said in the statement.
"Details of this member's identity have been sent to the club's discipline commission, requesting that it expel the individual from Real Madrid for what is considered a very serious offense.
"This afternoon, the discipline commission held an emergency meeting and decided to open a disciplinary investigation and provisionally suspend the individual's rights as a member and access to the Santiago Bernabéu or any Real Madrid facilities.
"Real Madrid has notified Spain's National Anti-Violence Commission of the incidents that took place, as well as the identities of the individuals responsible, requesting that it apply those sanctions that it considers appropriate
"Furthermore, Real Madrid will take any applicable legal action against the individuals responsible for these incidents"
According to television pictures captured by Spanish television channel Cuatro, the incident happened when the players failed to stop their cars to speak with fans outside of the club's Valdebebas training complex.
In recent weeks Bale has been singled out for criticism with some supporters claiming the winger is struggling to justify his $120 million price tag.
Real Madrid is four points behind leader Barcelona with 10 games of the La Liga season remaining.
Supporters are frustrated at the team's current run of form after it squandered pole position in the title race to Barcelona.
Real started the season on fire and set a new Spanish record by winning 22 games in succession.
But its form has faltered leading club president Florentino Perez to hold an impromptu press conference to defend Ancelotti only last month.
-
Latest Stories
-
Call off strike, give us one month to resolve payment issues – Education Minister appeals to GAUA
1 hour -
Cagliari’s Trepy in intensive care after pool incident
1 hour -
Chelsea co-owners Boehly & Walter explore selling stakes
1 hour -
GAUA to consult members after talks with Haruna Iddrisu as strike continues
1 hour -
Man Utd will reject any bid for Fernandes
2 hours -
Guardiola-Walker fallout revealed in new documentary
2 hours -
NDC’s interest aligns with the Constitution – Srem-Sai defends push for speedy trials
2 hours -
Man City move for ÂŁ85m Bouaddi and still want Fernandez
2 hours -
Rodri lands in Barcelona to complete ‘dream’ move
2 hours -
Being fast doesn’t mean perverting justice – Srem-Sai challenges critics to prove manipulation
2 hours -
Lawyers can’t decide how cases run – Srem-Sai fires back in vacation court row
3 hours -
Aksa case should ordinarily be handled by OSP, not EOCO – Manhyia South MP
3 hours -
Norway’s king admitted to hospital and put on sick leave
3 hours -
Education Minister engages university administrators over ongoing strike
4 hours -
Technological convergence, disruptive innovation and the future of youth education in Ghana
4 hours