As part of the strategy to lead in broadening opportunities and access to financial services, FBNBank Ghana and its parent, First Bank of Nigeria Limited have announced a partnership with the International Centre for Strategic Alliances (ICSA) to hold the 2020 Virtual Digital Banking Summit.
The Digital Banking Summit is a C-Suite platform that creates a medium for discussions on global trends and disruption in Digital Banking, how market players can seize opportunities and respond to trends, while focusing on pertinent issues like FinTech disruption, Financial Inclusion, Block Chain and RegTech.
This year’s Summit is under the theme, “Digitization of Banking Sector – En Route to a Cashless Africa” and will hold virtually on Wednesday, 11th of November, 2020.
Commenting on the Summit which will feature speakers from FBNBank Ghana and its parent, First Bank of Nigeria Limited as Official Banking Partners, Managing Director of First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Dr. Adesola Adeduntan stated that “technology is an integral part of FirstBank’s business model which leads to the bank’s creation of platforms for customer engagement, provision of products and service offerings for customers when they want it and where they want it.”
Dr. Adeduntan opined that “technology is an enabler that provides opportunities to drive efficiency and increase productivity by transforming the bank’s operating model to deliver lean, productive and secure business operations.”
He further stated that “as a brand of strength and dynamism that has evolved over the past 126 years, the First Bank of Nigeria Limited Group is focused on building strong partnerships by providing outstanding products, services and support at every stage in our clients’ life journey while delivering the relevant experiences that exceed their expectations.”
The FBNBank Ghana Managing Director, Victor Yaw Asante noted that the crisis of COVID-19 has accelerated the implementation of banks’ digital strategies ahead of their timetables.
He said banks remain committed to the refreshed operating methods that make them relevant in the banking and finance industry.
He reiterated that as part of FBNBank Ghana’s strategy to bring financial services closer to customers, the bank has leveraged new and evolving technologies to facilitate customer access to everyday financial services such as *894# Quick Banking, Agent Banking, Online Banking and FBNMobile, the bank’s mobile app.
The Summit will feature presentations from prominent Speakers including the 1st Deputy Governor of the Bank of Ghana, Dr. Maxwell Opoku-Afari, Chief Keynote Speaker, Chen Kun Te, who is the Chief Digital Transformation Officer, Global Financial Services, Huawei EBG; FirstBank of Nigeria Limited Managing Director, Dr. Adesola Adeduntan; Victor Yaw Asante, Managing Director of FBNBank Ghana and Country Head, Technology and Services, FBNBank Ghana, Rachel Adeshina among others.
About FBNBank Ghana Limited
FBNBank Ghana Limited is a member of First Bank of Nigeria Limited Group. FBNBank Ghana Limited (FBNBank), a subsidiary of First Bank of Nigeria Limited, has 21 branches and agencies in Ghana.
FBNBank offers universal banking services to individuals and businesses. FBNBank Ghana Limited was formerly International Commercial Bank (ICB) and has been in the business of banking for 24 years in this country. FBNBank Ghana is part of the trade hub that has grown economies for 126 years across Africa, Europe and China.
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: Pathologist cites asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Government forcing banks to coerce customers to accept DDEP – Senyo Hosi
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- We need reduction in appointees, not reshuffle – Dr Amoako Baah tells Akufo-Addo
- Turkey-Syria earthquake: Newborn baby pulled from collapsed building
- Bounou, Courtois and Martinez make final three for FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper of the Year
- Impossible to prepare for disasters this big, Turkey’s president says
- Let’s pray KT Hammond and Steven Amoah don’t exchange blows at Trade Ministry – Murtala Mohammed
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: We will not accept police report on his death – Family
- We’ll not allow the Judiciary to be used to intimidate Ablakwa from carrying out mandate – Minority
- Group prevails on Energy Commission to lift ban on importation of used electrical appliances
- Death of gospel musician’s brother: Is weed okro for one to swallow eight easily? – Family quizzes
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- UGBS launch innovation and incubation hub to support start-ups
- DDEP: We are testing Ofori-Atta’s Christianity – Individual bondholders on call for exemption
- Debt Exchange: Over GH¢31bn of bonds to be restructured will mature this year
- Some Ghanaian artistes are egoistic and shortsighted – Jay Foley
- NPA to drag 47 OMCs to court for non-payment of PDM collected
- Ashanti Regional NDC leadership hands over Suame Youth Organiser to Police
- We are still opposed to C.I which makes Ghana Card only source document for voters’ registration – Minority