Audio By Carbonatix
Before the comeback of music group Buk Bak - made up of Prince Bright and Ronnie Coaches - in 2012, the music group had been on a long break.
The silence of the group after 2006 had been attributed to Prince Bright’s departure to seek greener pastures abroad.
He recorded a solo album ‘Light over Darkness’ which had hit single ‘Condom’ with Prince Dave Records before travelling to the United States.
For the first time, Bright of Buk Bak fame in an interview with Merqury Quaye on the ‘Success Story’ segment on Hitz FM’s Cruise Control revealed that a fight between Samini and the late Ronnie Coaches was a major reason for the group’s hiatus.
The singer stated that Ronnie Coaches got engaged in a violent fight with Samini over a song the dancehall artiste had recorded which the former found offensive.
“The raga industry became a little bit crazy….There was a song from my brother Samini and Ronnie was like ‘why should you say so and so?’ Ronnie is known to be a bit aggressive…so it got physical and Ronnie had to throw his hands in the wrong direction and unfortunately, it got in a way and people got hurt,” he recounted.
He said that Ronnie Coaches’ aggressiveness then could be compared to that of his friend Shatta Wale now.
‘’It was like the modern day Shatta Wale vibe. I just got to find out that Ronnie was Shatta Wale’s right-hand man’’, he said jovially.
When Merqury Quaye tried to probe further about the song that sparked the fight, Bright declined to mention the title or give any further details.
Bright of Buk Bak fame, however, stated that the group resolved their issue with Samini before the demise of Ronnie Coaches.
He added that Samini offered great support at the funeral of Ronnie Coaches and even accompanied him to the cemetery where the late artiste was laid to rest.
“We learnt our lessons from that and made peace with our brother Samini. The most amazing thing that he did and I felt it in my heart when my brother passed, he walked with me to the cemetery. I respect that a lot…That showed how matured he was’,’ he said.
Prince Bright is currently promoting his new song titled ‘Come to Daddy’.
Latest Stories
-
Free speech: MFWA slams ‘weaponisation’ of state laws
35 minutes -
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
35 minutes -
UN releases $60m from central fund to tackle lethal Ebola outbreak
47 minutes -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
2 hours -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
3 hours -
“You do not need my permission” – Bagbin clears misconception over arresting MPs
3 hours -
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
4 hours -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: GN Savings and Loans licence restoration and the Abronye bail debate
5 hours -
Putin vows retaliation after accusing Ukraine of hitting student dormitory
5 hours -
2026 ACI World Congress: In Accra, a quiet reframe of how emerging markets see themselves
5 hours -
No break-in, no theft at Ashaiman showroom – Hisense Ghana clarifies
5 hours -
This Saturday on Newsfile: Attack on free speech and return of GN Bank
6 hours -
Opinion: The evidence before High Court continues to expose weakness of the Republic’s case against Wontumi
6 hours -
Ebola risk raised to ‘very high’ in DR Congo
6 hours -
I recommended Haruna and Muntaka for ministerial roles — Asiedu Nketia
6 hours