Fire has swept through a post office and several shops at Asafo market in Kumasi.

The fire which started at dawn is believed to have been caused by erratic power.

Locally made footwear manufacturers as well as fabric and cosmetics dealers are said to be the most affected by the fire.

Luv FM’s Kwabena Ampretwum who was at the scene of the fire incident reported the losses could go into several thousand’s of cedis.

The victims blame the ECG for the fire incident.

According to them, the electricity was off when they were leaving the market yester night but came around 11:00 pm with a force which may have sparked the fire.

Ampretwum said the traders are still counting their losses, with a mixture of anger and sadness.

About four rooms of the post office have been badly affected.

Kumasi Major Samuel Sarpong who visited the scene has assured of relief assistance after investigations.