Audio By Carbonatix
The Ghana Football Association has demoted four Division One clubs to Division Three for fixing their final qualifying games to the Premiership.
Additionally, Nania FC, Mighty Jets, Great Mariners and Okwahu United are to pay 50 million cedis each as fines while their officials, including soccer maestro Abedi Ayew Pele are banned from going into any football dressing room and/or sitting on any substitutes bench of any football team for any match organized or sanctioned by the GF A for a period of one year with effect from the end of the current football season.
The FA’s decision was announced on Wednesday afternoon after its hearings and investigations into the shameful games last month that saw the final qualifying games of the National Middle League record cricket scores.
Nania beat Okwahu 31:0 at Sekondi while Great Mariners also walloped Mighty Jets by 28:0 at Cape Coast on March 28 during the final round of matches for qualification into the Premier Division.
The results immediately raised eyebrows and the FA set up a committee to investigate the suspicious games.
•
The committee declared results of the two matches null and void and said they should be expunged from the records of the FA.
The teams are also to forfeit the matches and three points shall be deducted from their accumulated point build up.
Apart from the bans imposed on the officials of the clubs, all players featured in the shameful games, minus unused players and substituted players are also banned for one year from playing any match organized or sanctioned by the GFA.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Congo police fire warning shots in burial dispute after suspected Ebola death
2 minutes -
Security officers involved in galamsey will face the law — Lands Ministry
4 minutes -
Keta MCE supports Keta FC with GH¢10,000 ahead of Middle LeagueÂ
5 minutes -
Livestream: JoyNews National Dialogue on Ghana’s youth and climate change
7 minutes -
Wontumi’s fate near as court gives final deadline for witnesses
8 minutes -
We have done no wrong – Group Ndoum says following court victory
10 minutes -
Dr. Gideon Boako warns banks may reject some forex deposits from next month
11 minutes -
Where typewriters still matter: The business keeping Kumasi’s old keyboard alive
11 minutes -
Growth in money supply slows down in April 2026 – BoG
22 minutes -
Ashaiman: Private developer demolishes traders properties to reclaim land
24 minutes -
“BoG failed to follow the appropriate steps before revocation of GN Savings and Loans’ licence”
31 minutes -
Ankaful Prison officers undergo Emergency Response Training to boost disaster preparedness
33 minutes -
Residents scramble for meat after train kills two cows at Avenor in Accra
33 minutes -
Vanessa Trump, former wife of Donald Trump Jr, diagnosed with breast cancer
46 minutes -
GSA to launch digital App for consumers to scan and identify non-standard products
49 minutes