Ghana earned $731.9 million from crude oil receipts in the first half of this year, the Ghana Petroleum Funds Report has revealed.
Out of it, $544.61 million was realised from crude oil liftings in the first five months of 2022.
$186.3 million was however secured from corporate tax paid by the oil producing companies including Tullow, Kosmos and Petro Sa.
$992.3 million was obtained from surface rental and interest from the Petroleum Holding Fund.
For the crude oil liftings, $108.8 million and $104.1 million which were the biggest earnings were secured from liftings on March 6th, 2022 (Ninth SGN) and March 26th, 2022 (sixty fith Jubilee) respectively.
With regard to surface rental, AGM Petroleum Gh paid the highest tax of $174,100, followed by Aker with $150,750.
Meanwhile, the country earned $1.2 billion at the end of June 2022 as investments from oil revenue, since the beginning of commercial oil production in 2011.
The Heritage Fund invested with the New York Reserve Bank accrued $377 million, while the Stabilisation Fund recorded $846 million.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Resign and concentrate on your health; Ahanta West needs development – NDC tells Kojo Kum
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Market queens lead delegation to pick NPP flagbearer nomination forms for Alan Kyerematen
- You’re the one doing politics with your promise to scrap ex-gratia, not me – Nana Akomea to Mahama
- NPP will repeat resounding Kumawu victory in Assin North by-election – Richard Ahiagbah
- Kwame Nkrumah Circle: A memorial of honour or dishonour?
- Virginia Palmer inaugurates USAID rehabilitated House of Chiefs Office in Upper East Region
- The painful medical conditions that make sex almost impossible
- Sergio Busquets names 2 players who could replace him at Barcelona
- Why you might struggle with relationships after being single for a while
- Actor Al Pacino, 83, expecting baby with 29-year-old girlfriend
- Sanitary pad taxation: School girls anticipate positive response from Health Ministry
- Accra International Book Festival commiserates with family of Ama Ata Aidoo
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- British Vogue’s editor-in-chief, Edward Enninful opens up about fearful childhood
- Edinam Djaton scribes: Let’s try operation feed yourself!