There is the need for Ghana’s construction sector to receive more funding and technical training, CEO of Instinct Wave and Organizer of the maiden edition of Ghana Construction Awards, Akin Naphtal has said.
Speaking at the launch of the Ghana Construction Awards, Mr. Naphtal indicated it is crucial to boost the development of Ghana’s construction sector.
He said the lack of expertise and funding is to blame for the Ghanaian preference for foreign construction companies.
The awards ceremony which comes off on 27th November, 2015 at the Movenpick Grand Ambassador Hotel in Accra would honour companies and individuals for their accomplishments and strides in Ghana’s construction industry.
According to the Ghana National Commission for UNESCO, the construction and housing industry plays a significant role in the national developmental but the challenges facing the industry especially relating to private sector development, growth and sustainability of professionalism are still enormous.
There is therefore the need for a concerted effort to reward and celebrate industry players bracing the challenges and fostering new building developments across the length and breadth of the country.
“What we want to achieve with the Ghana Construction Awards is to celebrate and reward hard work, exceptional leadership and innovation in the industry. We are bringing together clients, stakeholders, investors, industry players and experts to network and celebrate in a relaxed atmosphere,” added Mr Naphtal.
The Ghana Construction Awards will also present the opportunity for stakeholders to advocate for the industrialization of the country by way of investments in the area of civil engineering, building construction, industrial construction and residential construction.
As part of the press launch, the organizers also unveiled the various categories for the maiden Ghana Construction Awards.
Commenting on this, Mr Akin indicated that the award categories were concluded after careful research based on market intelligence.
According to him, the award categories though not exhaustive of the industry, it cuts across major segments of the industry.
1. Consultancy/Land Surveyor of the Year
2. Consultancy/Quantity Surveyor of the Year
3. Consultancy/Valuation &Estate Surveyor of the Year
4. Cement company of the year
5. Outstanding Project (Public Sector)
6. Outstanding Project (Private Sector)
7. Architectural Consultancy of the Year
8. Educational Facility Construction Award
9. Civil Project of the Year
10. Building Project of the Year
11. Health, Sanitation & Safety Excellence Award
12. Commercial High-Rise Development
13. Materials Distributor of the Year
14. Residential Development Award
15. Construction Equipment Supplier of the Year
16. Civil Engineering Consultancy of the Year
17. Electrical Engineering Consultancy of the Year
18. Mechanical Engineering Consultancy of the Year
19. Best Infrastructure Development Bank Award
20. Construction Company of the Year
21. Public Private Partnership of the Year
25. Block Manufacturing Company of the Year
22. Best Indigenous Contractor
23. Best Foreign Contractor
24. Concrete Producer of the Year
25. Block Manufacturing Company of the Year
26. Steel Company of the Year
SPECIAL RECOGNITION AWARDS
1. Construction CEO of the Year
2. Industry Personality of the year
3. Lifetime Achievement Award
4. Excellence Award for Women in Construction
5. Real Estate Entrepreneur of the Year
The Organizers also announced the launch of the first, ever, CFO Awards in Ghana.
GHANA CFO 2015 NOMINEES
CFO OF THE YEAR: BANKING
CFO OF THE YEAR: INSURANCE
CFO OF THE YEAR: FMCG
CFO OF THE YEAR: OIL & GAS
CFO OF THE YEAR: IT & TELECOM
CFO OF THE YEAR: CONSTRUCTION/REAL ESTATE
CFO OF THE YEAR INVESTMENT BANKING
WOMAN EXCELLENCE IN FINANCIAL SERVICES
AUDIT FIRM OF THE YEAR
INVESTMENT BANK OF THE YEAR
BEST FIRM IN FINANCIAL ADVISORY
BUSINESS BANK OF THE YEAR
PUBLIC SECTOR CFO OF THE YEAR AWARD
BEST BANK PROVIDER OF CASH MANAGEMENT SERVICES
FINANCE TEAM OF THE YEAR Call (For Entry)
INSURANCE COMPANY OF THE YEAR
FINANCIAL LAW FIRM OF THE YEAR AWARD
FINANCIAL TRAINING COMPANY OF THE YEAR
SPECIAL RECOGNITION FOR PROMOTING INVESTMENT TO GHANA
INDUSTRY PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again
- Power providers can’t guarantee consistency with ‘dumsor’ timetable – Energy Analyst
- Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- Hyundai, KIA to establish assembly plants in Ghana in 2022
- Suspend prospecting activities in all forest reserves – Lands Minister directs
Profile of Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister-designate, Kwaku Ampratwum-Sarpong
Enterprise Trustees launches industry first mobile van service
Brazilian midfielder Fabio Gama will consider nationality switch to play for Ghana
Ibrahimovic signs new AC Milan contract
Barcelona hit Getafe for five to keep pressure on Real and Atletico
Ruthless Leicester see off West Brom in Premier League
Asantehene calls on Ghanaians to fight against climate change
Weed, snakes, engulf government’s One-District-One-Warehouse facilities
The world marks Earth Day
NDC’s horse was strong, rider was also strong – Ofosu-Ampofo responds to Kunbour
Ghana Poultry Project trains youth in entrepreneurship
SMT Ghana assist construction of School project in Tarkwa
Deputy Lands Minister-designate assures of solutions to La stool lands dispute
Suspending prospecting activities in forest reserves a good step – Ken Ashigbey
Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail