Ghana Gas Company has announced the retirement of its board, effective February 4, 2016.
The decision was arrived at by a resolution taken at a meeting held on January 13, 2016 to retire all non-executive directors of the company.
The non-executive directors of the company are Dr Kwesi Botchwey, Dr Valerie Esther Sawyerr, Eric Nathaniel Yankah and William Patrick Tewiah.
The board also accepted the retirement of the company secretary, Agbesi Kwadzo Dzakpasu, effective the same date.
According to a statement issued by the company, the board, on assumption of office in July 2011, commenced operations by successfully establishing the administrative and operational structures of the company from scratch, and superintended over the recruitment of key staff.
Following the board’s review of the Gas Task Force Report and the then options for the development of gas infrastructure, the board decisively chose a configuration of having an onshore gas processing facility to process raw natural gas and produce various products, including lean gas for power production, liquefied petroleum gas and other natural gas liquids for domestic and industrial use.
The board implemented the Western Gas Infrastructure Project and successfully brought the Gas Processing Plant, associated pipelines and auxiliary equipment into operation in November 2014, despite a number of incipient challenges that the company faced during the development phase of the project.
“Today, the company is well-grounded and has successfully completed its first full year of commercial operations, has suitably trained staff to man its facilities and operations and is poised to maintain its leadership in the downstream gas marked in Ghana”.
The board expressed its profound gratitude to the Government of Ghana, especially President John Mahama, and other stakeholders for their support during their tenure in office.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- ‘Task Ofori-Atta to seek help from Seth Tekper in addressing our economic miseries’ – Gyampo to Akufo-Addo
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Pakistan floods: ‘It’s like fighting a war with no end’
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- Cost of mental healthcare up; Mental Health Authority helpless
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan
- ECG vendors should have been made to work round the clock to address challenges – Kofi Kapito
- Forty Under 40: WhiteChalk CEO wins Event Management and Planner of the Year
- Aluu 4: Ten years from the lynching that shocked Nigeria
- Sunyani West residents outraged over deplorable roads
- COCOBOD secures US$1.13billion to purchase cocoa
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Pro-Alan groups step up efforts to win Ashanti NPP