The Ghana Cocoa Board (Cocobod) is experimenting a cocoa seedling that begins yeilding fruits at 18 months.
The Board, together with the management is strategizing on how to produce cocoa seedlings and improve agronomic practices that that can produce cocoa trees that will fruit early and produce a lot of cocoa from the farms.
Cocoa trees take on the average, 3-5 years to yield a crop, with hybrid varieties providing crops earlier.
The experimental crop
The experimental farm is located at Agyeikrom in the Fanteakwa District of the Eastern Region.
Members of the Board of Cocobod who were at a retreat at Cocoa Research Institute (CRIG) Tafo, on Friday June 30, 2017 paid a working visit to the farm to observe the state of the experimentation.
They interacted with other farmers to know at firsthand, what concernes they are going through.
The Board was led by its Chairman, Hackman Owusu Agyemang; Chief Executive, Joseph Boahen Aidoo among others.
- Many still unable to buy ECG credit
- Photos: Actor ‘Waakye’, laid to rest
- Indonesia: At least 174 dead in football stadium crush
- ECG system challenges an internal attack, initiate investigations – Sam George to government
- Adwoa Smart cries at Prince Yawson’s funeral
- “We’re building a thriving tourism economy in Ghana” – Akufo-Addo
- Chiefs, DCEs, others to blame for worsening galamsey situation – Lands Minister
- Marrying an older man meant I became a widow at 34
- Manchester City beat Manchester United in nine goal thriller
- SSNIT, other companies shut down Bawku office over security concerns
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has dead
- 3 members enough for Black Stars Management Committee – Fred Pappoe
- Ibrahim Mahama wins EMY Africa Man of The Year
- Performance wrap of Ghanaian players abroad over the weekend
- Towards sustainable development of Africa’s upstream market…A Tullow Oil perspective
- Peg dollar for duty payments at least quarterly – GUTA to government
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- Hearts of Oak appoints David Ocloo as assistant coach
- Be circumspect in your coverage of conflict – NMC tells radio stations in Bawku
- Thomas Partey scores stunning goal in Arsenal win over Tottenham
- CalBank commissions new ICT Lab for SDA Schools in Koforidua
- Sustainability requirements shouldn’t be a ruse to block our cocoa and coffee – Oppong Nkrumah
- CAF re-opens bids for AFCON 2025
- GCR affirms Ecobank Ghana rating A+, outlook stable
- Bright Simons: GNPC fails in bogus defense of Genser sweetheart deal