Actress, Gloria Sarfo, has swept the award for Best Supporting Actress at the 2020 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards (AMVCA).
She was nominated for her role in Shirley Frimping Manso’s ‘Perfect Picture: 10 Years Later’.
Gloria Safo was the only Ghanaian nominated for this year’s AMVCA.
And the award for Best Supportinf Actress goes to:— BellaNaija (@bellanaija) March 14, 2020
Gloria Sarfo in Perfect Picture: 10 Years Later.#BNxAMVCA #AMVCA7 https://t.co/tjqgCSLORM
The actress beat Nigeria’s Toni Tones, Eucharia Anunobi, Tina Mba, Mary Lazarus who were nominated for their role in ‘King of Boys’, ‘The Foreigner’s God’, ‘The Set-Up’ and ‘Size 12’ respectively to win the award.
Prior to the event, she told JoyNews’ Doreen Avio that she was grateful that her work was recognised even though she did not have many scenes in that movie.
According to her, the nomination meant the hard work she put in to execute that role was appreciated.
However, because of the outbreak of Coronavirus, Gloria Sarfo was unable to travel to Nigeria to receive the award.
She hosted some family and friends who joined her to watch the event on a big screen.
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Patients in danger as nurses head for NHS in UK – medics
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- Lasmid leaves Highly Spiritual Music – Kaywa confirms
- If you want Olympic boxing medals in Paris move the Black Bombers to camp now!
- NSMQ 2023: 34 schools battle it out for Regional Qualifiers in Western Region
- RTI Commission fines Police Service ¢100k for flouting directives
- Attorney General reviewing draft contract between Tema Oil Refinery, private investor – Deputy Minister of Energy
- Assin North By-election: Who has the edge – An analysis
- World Bank supports Ghana to expand, enhance social safety nets, including for 3.6 million school children
- We won’t withhold our approval of Chief Justice nominee – Minority backs Gertrude Torkornoo
- Kumawu roads construction: Residents unhappy with pace and quality of work
- Take or pay contracts must be reviewed – Energy expert
- Kwahu Nkwatia chief convicted for contempt, court orders his removal from palace
- Empress Gifty explains why she now sings in English
- AshGold – Allies match-fixing: We believe GFA didn’t have enough evidence to ban players – Chibsah
- Government must develop programmes to alleviate plight of ‘kayayei’ – CHRAJ
- Anthrax outbreak: One-month ban placed on movement of ruminants in Upper East Region
- Microsoft to pay $20m for child privacy violations