The Ministry of Inner-City and Zongo Development, in collaboration with the Business Development Ministry, is to launch a Zongo Business Promotion programme to create jobs for the Zongo communities.
Dr Mustapha Hamid, the Inner-City and Zongo Development Minister, said this at the formal opening of the Boot Camp at Koforidua Zongo in the Eastern Region.
The Camp is a training workshop on entrepreneurship development for the youth on promoting Digital Literacy, Technical and Vocational Education and Training, Skills Development and Enhancement, Self-Grooming and Leadership.
The one month programme is being organised by FAPIMPA Foundation, a Non-Governmental Organisation, in collaboration with the Ministry, National Entrepreneurship and Innovation Plan, and Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation Development.
Dr Hamid said every human being has a God-given talent, which when harnessed well, could achieve the desired effects and provide the means for survival.
He, therefore, commended FAPIMPA for helping to develop the talents of youth in the Zongo communities.
Ghana had 1,080 Zongos, with a greater number being in the Eastern Region, hence the need for more work to be done there, he said.
Mr Kobina Adomdzi Longdon, the Executive Director of the NGO, said the training was to promote the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, which calls for equipping the youth with technological knowledge to make them sustainably productive.
He gave the assurance that the National Entrepreneurship and Innovation Plan would roll-over trainees who qualified to access a start-up capital to begin their income generation journey.
- I feel victimised; what wrong have I done in this country? – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- #KenMustGo: Entire caucus would’ve to take a decision on Finance Minister – Majority Leader
- Nigerian states cut working week to three days
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Assin North by-election: NPP elects Charles Opoku as parliamentary candidate
- Arrest of Prof Frimpong-Boateng disrespectful, tone down – Prof Gyampo cautions Special Prosecutor
- If I were a thief, I would’ve been one of the richest Ghanaians – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- I did my job; I tried to make Ghana a better place – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- Woman dies after eating poisoned chocolates sent by her ex-boyfriend’s jealous lover
- Playback: Prof Frimpong-Boateng speaks about his arrest by Special Prosecutor
- Our priority should be on providing textbooks instead of tablets – Prof Owusu
- Jamie Foxx’s rep responds to conspiracy that COVID-19 vaccine caused hospitalisation
- You need to understand the language in a rap song to enjoy it – Wiyaala
- Saglemi: Former Housing Ministry Chief Director wheeled to court to face 43 criminal charges
- Mother arrested for assaulting 4-year-old child at Yeji
- Ken Ansah wins CEO of the Year again but transfers praise to his talented team
- Urban Roads Department to patch potholes on Kumasi roads in four weeks
- 2023 U-23 AFCON: Kamaldeen, Nuamah headline Black Meteors squad
- Tupac Shakur receives posthumous Hollywood Walk of Fame star
- School Feeding Programme: GH¢1.20 per child can’t provide nutritious meals – Public health expert
- Charles Bissue asks court to stop OSP from investigating him again
- We need clarification – Bagbin calls for Gyakye Quayson’s name to be retained in Parliament’s records
- I bought a new camera to shoot ‘Awieye Pa’ video – Empress Gifty
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Black Meteors depart Monday
- Stop attacking us when you have no grounds – EC cautions NDC