About 15 gun-wielding men on Saturday attacked and abducted the Divisional Chief of Piengua, Nene Oblisan Kaka Madokpo Tetteh Zogli III during a festival at Yokwanor in the Eastern region.
The chief and his elders were attacked when they were in a procession towards Yokwanor M/A Basic School Park for a durbar to climax the Ngmayem festival being observed by the people of the area.
The well-built men also carrying clubs and machete, attacked ten people after scattering chairs and tents at the durbar grounds amidst sporadic gunshots.
The injured chief and elders have lodged a formal complaint at the Odumase Krobo Police Station.
The Odumase Krobo District Police Commander, Superintendent Doris Akua Grant who confirmed the incident said the chief was later freed by the hoodlums.
She, however says the police are yet to make any arrest.
The case, according to the District Commander has been transferred to the Akosombo Divisional Police Command for further investigation.
The police, a few weeks ago averted a similar bloody attack during the launch of the Ngmayem festival by the Peingua Division after some angry youth stopped the chief from launching this year’s festival.
The chief who is among six divisional chiefs in the area, has had a sour relationship with the paramount chief after severing ties with him.
The divisional chiefs accused him of abuse of power and total disregard for traditional values.
- I hate Manchester United because they made Sammy Kuffour cry – Gifty Oware-Mensah
- Corrupt officials are like termites… eating the very foundation of our democracy – Torgbe Afede XIV
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Abuse of power is extremely dangerous to our burgeoning democracy – UTAG
- Ghana’s public debt up ¢6.3bn within 2 months to reach ¢575.5bn in June 2023
- Produce the alleged recording of the said inducement – National Security challenges Barker-Vormawor
- Financial system resilient to risks from macroeconomic challenges in 2022 – BoG
- When our moral fundamentals are weak, the economy will explode
- CalBank denies MD exit
- Corruption is the deadliest disease to ever hit Ghana – Domelevo
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators