Gloria Sarfo could not contain herself when she was named the Best Supporting Actress at the 2020 Africa Movie Viewers Choice Awards.
Although she could not be in Nigeria for the event, she hosted some family and friends who joined her to watch the event.
Prior to the announcement the actress said made statements that suggest she was not hopeful she would win.
“I wish…God help me,” she said in a video posted on Instagram.
View this post on Instagram
So This Is How I Threw My Phone Away Last Night🤦♀️🙊🙈😜😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 Thank You God Thank you @shirleyfmanso Thank you @sparrowstudiosofficial Thank you Ghana Thank you Africa Thank you @dstv_ghana Thank you @multichoice_group Thank you @gotv_ghana Thank you @amvca2020_updates Thank you my Glorious family Thank you, Thank you, Thank you 🙏🙏🙏 And oh thank you @bimboademoye @thebeverlynaya for making my moment memorable 🙏
When she was named the winner of the category, the actress was brought to tears as she sat on the floor shouting at the screen.
In some photos, Gloria Sarfo was seen rolling on the floor after her name was mentioned.
“I’m feeling every type of way. So shocked and surprised but I thank God for this win,” she said.
The actress tasked her friend Nigerian actress Bimbo Ademoye to take her award on her behalf.
View this post on Instagram
There we have it, Our REWARD family, the AMVMCA🙏 Thanks to everyone who made this possible👌💯💪🇬🇭..This is FOR US🙏🇬🇭 And oh thanks to my superstar sis @bimboademoye For this video we’ve been waiting for lol🤦♀️😜😃💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 By the way, PLEASE BE SAFE OUT THERE, PLEASE 🙏…May the good Lord protect us all🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Gloria Sarfo beat Nigeria’s Toni Tones, Eucharia Anunobi, Tina Mba, Mary Lazarus who were nominated for their role in ‘King of Boys’, ‘The Foreigner’s God’, ‘The Set-Up’ and ‘Size 12’ respectively to win the award.
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- ‘It’s disappointing’ – Bofoakwa Tano coach on not being able to lead the team in Ghana Premier League
- Assin North by-election: NPP closes nomination as two persons pick forms
- Gonja-Mamprusi clash: Security personnel deployed to restore calm
- Two villages in North Gonja burnt down in renewed violence between Mamprusi and Gonja
- Education Minister cuts sod for TVET facility at Manso Nkwanta
- Chief, Pastor held over murder of student nurse in Mankessim face fresh charges
- Ghana Health Service launches mass drug administration
- Zambia’s state house clarifies row over handbags
- Latif Abubakar, Spanish Embassy thrills audience, makes history
- Boy who struggled to eat or speak due to tumour receives transformational surgery in Senegal
- Be the change you wish to see – Director-General of Webster University charges graduates
- Unilever’s Nana Yaa Owusu-Ansah wins Ultimate Woman of the Year at FMCG Awards
- Allegiance could mean a lot of things aside from citizenship – Prof Asare
- ‘We look forward to achieving our goals’ – Tariq Lamptey on playing for Black Stars
- World Hunger Day: Government urged to encourage science, technology and innovation in agriculture
- Help end violence against alleged witches – Gender Minister appeals to chiefs
- The African Institute for Professional Excellence donates laptops to KNUST College of Health Sciences
- Mr Eazi to go bullish on tech investment as he visits Estonia
- Chiefs endorsing candidates and political parties unconstitutional – Supreme Court