Huawei Technologies Ghana has opened applications for its global flagship Corporate Social Responsibility Program ‘Seeds for the Future 2022’.
It is set to commence from October 28, 2022, to November 9, 2022, in partnership with the Communication Ministry, Education Ministry, and the Huawei ICT Academy talent Partners.
The “Seed for the Future 2022 Program” seeks to promote the participation of more women and girls in ICT and empower them to take up careers in STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics).
As a result, Huawei is offering 50 slots to outstanding female tertiary students who wish to take part in the program.
This year’s program which will be held online for eight days will focus on advanced courses like 5G, AI, Cloud Computing, Digital Power, Cybersecurity, Digital Trade and Smart City.
The program will also introduce participants to leadership courses in the areas of Cross-Cultural Management, Strategic Management and Leadership Skills.
As part of the program, beneficiaries will embark on a ‘Tech4Good’ project, after being equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge in the study of new technologies to develop solutions for societal and environmental problems.
Beneficiaries will also get the opportunity to take part in an ICT mentorship session where female industry experts in the STEM field will be invited to share their experiences with them.
After the program, awards will be given to the Best Tech4Good Project group, Top-10 excellent Students, Best Group members and outstanding students among others.
Participants will have the opportunity to take part in a series of virtual tech talks with professionals in the tech space and a virtual tour of the Huawei Head Quarters in China to learn more about the latest technologies.
Some awards to be given to the best participants of the 2022 Seeds for the Future Program include Huawei smarts tablets, Huawei mobile phones, Huawei smartwatches, cash prizes and some branded souvenirs among others.
To participate in this year’s program, interested persons must:
- Be a University Student, 2nd Year (Level 200) upwards and must be offering STEM-related courses
- Provide their Resume/CV, A cover letter
- Submit a motivation letter between 400-600 words detailing why she wants to participate in the program, relevant experience, interests, and expected contribution to the program.
- Interested participants will send application materials to: SeedsGhana@Huawei.com
The deadline for submission of all applications and all required documents is Friday, October 26, 2022, 5 pm Ghana time (1500HRS GMT)
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Spain’s former King Juan Carlos wins partial immunity in ex-lover case
- Cristina Fernández: Argentina vice-president found guilty of corruption
- Tema residents to experience 48-hour disruption in water supply
- Cyril Ramaphosa: How Arthur Fraser landed South Africa’s president in trouble
- PM Express Analysis: Paying more for Water & Electricity – A conversation with PURC Executive Secretary
- 2022 FIFA WC: Morocco takes charge of the African challenge after dumping Spain
- Public servants are justified in asking for increase in salaries – Minority Leader
- Police secures court remand for three persons involved in gold scam and robbery
- Banda Khalifa: The Manhyia Saga exemplifies a toxic work environment.
- Good Shepherd R/C JHS wins Junior Science and Maths Quiz 2022
- Masantewaa Emporium represents Ghana at Runway Dubai
- Ghana Muslim Mission commissions clinic for residents at Korle-Gonno
- Delay in speech development in children can be genetic – Speech therapist
- Tanzania to spend cash on schools instead of independence day
- Security guard gunned down on Tarkwa-Banso road