The Institute of Human Resource Management Practitioners (IHRMP) held a one-day forum in Accra as part of efforts to advancing human resource management practice in the country.
The forum under the theme, ‘Aligning HR to the Attainment of Business Results’ was attended by a host of HR Practitioners and Managers from 52 organizations.
President of IHRMP, Dr. Edward Kwapong, underscored the fact that the only constant in life is change and that the frontiers of knowledge and discipline keep on changing hence the need for professionals and for that matter HR Practitioners to pursue Continuous Professional Education.
Referencing his recent publications – ‘The Human Resource Glass Ceiling’ to buttress his point, Dr. Kwapong reiterated the modern HR Practitioner must demonstrate a strong leadership role by understanding the business and aligning Human Resource practice to the actualization of the vision of the business.
The 2018 HR Forum, Dr Kwapong said was being held in response to a popular request and in line with the continuous professional initiative of the Institute aimed at updating knowledge of HR Professionals in Ghana.
Concluding his remark to participants to take full advantage of the Forum, Dr. Kwapong challenged HR Practitioners to transition from the traditional administrative roles to more of the strategic – to the attainment of business results.
Taking his turn, an Executive Member of the National Governing Council of the Institute of Human Resource Management Practitioners and Facilitator of the HR Forum, Isaac Sackey urged HR Practitioners to move from what he described as ‘ivory tower’ roles to the business action spots at the strategic level to be part of business.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Ghana to host African Swimming and Open Water championships
Chief breaks ground for multipurpose Nkawkaw Palace
Double whammy for Ghana in Old Mutual Amazing Voices
Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Victim recounts
Transgender Cameroonians jailed for 5 years
Dr Prince Hamid Armah: Exploring Akufo-Addo’s commitment to education; Policy, spending, and outcomes
Politicisation of security agencies cause of insecurity in the country- Sam George
Museveni takes oath for 6th term
Ghana has not done enough to get girls out of the streets – Development consultant
China’s population grows to 1.41 billion people
Uganda deploys troops ahead of Museveni inauguration
Banks cannot be blamed for not accepting new Voter ID cards – Association of Bankers
9-year-old boy dies after being ‘struck by lightning’ on football field
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant