Increasing inflation and interest rates continued to impact on the Ghana Stock Exchange’s fixed income market (GFIM) as yields continued to rise during November 2022.
According to the November 2022 market report by the GSE, the month of November 2022 however ended with a volume traded of 22.56 billion, up 14.73% from the 19.66 billion traded during the same time last year.
The volume traded during November 2022 was 56,668,959, a 27.64% increase over the same period in 2021, even though the volume traded of 5,204,813 shares represented an 83.04% decrease compared to the volume of shares traded during the same period in 2021.
Meanwhile, the GSE Composite Index and Financial Stock Index, which measure the performance of the stock market, both increased in November 2022 over the previous month by 0.12% and 0.34% respectively.
The year-to-date returns consequently improved slightly to -11.69 and -3.49% respectively.
However, market activity was lower in November 2022 compared to October 2022 as volume traded, value traded, and number of transactions all fell.
Trust Bank Gambia (38.18%), BOPP (9.99%) and Asante Gold (9.23%) were the biggest gainers for the month.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group