The Institute of Human Resources Management Practitioners, (IHRMP), has on Thursday, 29th June, 2017, conferred Fellow status to 20 HR Practitioners who have distinguished themselves and are in good standing, at a short ceremony held at the premises of the HR Centre, Osu, Accra.
Seventeen out of the 20 who were conferred “Fellows” were: Mr. John Wilson-Current President of IHRMP; Mr. Austin Garmey-CEO of Gamey and Gamey Group; Mr. Dan Acheampong-CEO of VALCO; Dr. Edward Kwapong- Current Vice President of IHRMP; Dr. Mrs. Ellen Hagan-CEO of L’AINE Services Limited; Mr. Ebenezer Ofori Agbettor-Executive Director of IHRMP, Iren Stella Agyenim-Boateng-former HR Director of Vodafone Ghana, Mr. Joseph P. Appiah-Area Manager for HR/Adm at VALCO, Mr. Henry Atta-Paidoo-former HR Director of Forestry Commission; Mr. Alexander Amankwaa-Boateng-former head of HR at GIA; Mr. Bossman Agyako-Chairman of the Judicial Service 2nd tier Pension Scheme; Mr. John Eluerkeh-Chairman of Professional Certification Board; Mr. Joseph C. Garbrah-the first Administrative Manager of Glory Oil Company Limited; Florence Hutchful-Managing Partner of 2MB Consulting Services Limited; Dr. Samuel T. Kwashie-present representative of IHRMP on the Cape Coast Technical University Department of Secretaryship & Management Studies Advisory Board and Mr. John Warmann-former Methodology Expert in a KPMG/SEM Consultancy that benchmarked public sector salaries against the public sector.
The others 3 who received the Honorary Fellows were: Mr. Daniel Asiedu -Managing Director of Agricultural Development Bank, and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of IHRMP Development Fund; Mr. Alexander Williams – Acting Director-General of the Securities and Exchange Commission and Resource Person with IHRMP, Ghana; Mr. Theophilus Kofi Nsiah- a Resource Person with IHRMP (PCP) and a lecturer/Research Officer and Senior lecturer at GIMPA.
In his address, the Chairman of the Fellows Status Committee, Mr. John Mbroh said, “Today, we honour and celebrate 20 members of our professional Institute as we elevate them to the status of Fellows and Honorary Fellows. We believe every member should aspire to that level. To our newly inducted Fellows, you are among the best that this Institute has produced, and we expect you to be at the cutting edge of our profession both in scholarship and in knowledge”.
Group picture of the new Fellows of the Institute of Human Resource Management Practitioners, Ghana (IHRMP)
The President of IHRMP, Mr. John Wilson, who also conferred, in his remarks said: “As Fellows, we shall be guided by our Code of Ethics to ensure discipline amongst the Practitioners and demand fairness from Employers in their dealings with our members. Indeed, this status imposes extra responsibility on the recipients to be true Ambassadors of the Institute and HR best practice”.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- WHO identifies four substandard paediatric medicines in Gambia – FDA
- Livestream: PM Express business edition discusses impact of policy rate on businesses
- Gertrude Agyemang: Customer Service Week and the ECG prepaid meter challenge
- NDC has no evidence to prove my involvement in ‘galamsey’ – Ellembelle DCE
- KNUST students develop cost-effective instrument to measure temperature and light energy from the sun
- MP has been a challenge in fight against ‘galamsey’ in my district – Ellembelle DCE
- 2 women in court over alleged assault on Besease M/A JHS teacher
- Alberta Mortty: I love my breast; I love my life more
- Assistant headmaster of Mpatasie D/A dies in ‘galamsey’ pit
- 36 arrested in Ejisu for alleged network marketing scamming
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- #NoToGalamsey: Failure to deal with ‘galamsey’ could lead to street terrorism – Prof. Gatsi
- AngloGold Ashanti pleased with community support to ward off illegal miners from Obuasi concession
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Prosecute Chairman Wontumi, Charles Bissue, others neck-deep in galamsey – NDC to Akufo-Addo