As part of its corporate philanthropy activities, Investigroup Company has made a donation of GHS25,000 to Lilian Foundation for the construction of an ultra-modern toilet facility for the use of orphans.
The donation, spearheaded by the CEO of the company, Dr Kizito Owusu took place in Accra in the presence of representatives of the school and executives of Investigroup, who are in the country for business scouting.
Dr Owusu during the ceremony noted that the donation was the company’s ritual in supporting communities where they invest.
He said “Investigroup is looking to invest massively in various industries in the country such as agriculture, education, sanitation and others”, disclosing “Education is as good a place as any to begin”.
Speaking on the next step for the company here in Ghana, Dr Owusu indicated that there are plans to intensify its operations in Ghana.
He noted, “since 2009, we have been operating in Ghana, and it is crucial to focus more on helping government deliver on its core promises, especially the ‘One-District-One-Factory."
The Director of Lilian Foundation, recipient of the donation, Lilian Macqueen Djaba expressed gratitude to Investigroup for their generosity.
She added that the funds would be used for the development and expansion of the school to make it world standard and provide quality education for young ones.
“My vision for the school is to make it world class, and the ¢25,000 will be useful in developing the school’s facilities and infrastructure to enable our little ones to have a conducive environment to study”.
The delegation from Investigroup also included Mr Scott Shilling, Financial Consultant with over 20 years of experience and Jude Atuahene, the Country Director.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Why Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ is a ‘maybe’
- You can’t intervene in anti-LGBTQ+ bill; you’re not in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo
- Tarkwa Rotary Club conducts medical screening for inmates of Tarkwa prisons
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- GhLA CEO Hayford Siaw honoured by global philanthropy organisation, Reach for Change
- World Water Day: Youth engagement maximized to achieve SDG 6
- Livestream: PM Express discusses US-Ghana relations
- Hey please! I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Bole-Bamboi MP calls for rerun of the election that approved six ministerial nominees
- ‘He devoted himself to the Danquah-Dombo-Busia tradition’ – Akufo-Addo eulogises late Kumawu MP
- ECG disconnects Ghana Post Accra branch over GH¢89,000 debt
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- We have a very good candidate in Dr. Duffour – Fritz Bafour
- Division One: Heart of Lions extend Zone 3 lead to 15 points
- Kejetia market fire: Traders warned to desist from forceful opening of shops