Audio By Carbonatix
An Iranian sailor has been released by Somali pirates after spending more than four years in captivity.
Mohammad Sharif Panahandeh was "seriously ill" and has been freed on humanitarian grounds, the Hostage Support Partnership (HSP), which helped negotiate his release, said.
Over the past decade, thousands of crew have been taken hostage off the coast of Somalia and released for a ransom.
Mr Sharif's freedom means pirates are holding just three people captive.
Pirate attacks in the region peaked in 2011 but have declined to negligible levels in recent years, the European Naval Force, which operates in the area, says.

The three remaining hostages are all Iranian nationals and were taken with Mr Sharif from a fishing boat in March 2015, John Steed from HSP told the BBC.
"[Mr Sharif is] severely malnourished. He lost a huge amount of weight [and has] severe stomach problems and internal bleeding," Mr Steed is quoted by the AFP news agency as saying.
The sailor was taken to the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa, for initial treatment and is set to be flown home.


Iran has thanked HSP, the UN, the authorities in Somalia's semi-autonomous Puntland region and Ethiopia for helping, Reuters reports, quoting Iran's official news agency.
Mr Sharif was released because of his health, but the pirates may still want a ransom for the remaining three, Mr Steed told AFP.
The decline in piracy off the Somali coast has been attributed to the use of armed guards on vessels sailing in the area, as well as the work of several navies, including from the European Union and Nato.
Latest Stories
-
UMaT graduates 95 students, commits to training 1,000 coders
2 minutes -
Modified Taxation Scheme: Ghana’s surest way to inclusive tax administration
13 minutes -
Asunafo North Cocoa Farmers Union and partners rescue rural schools from infrastructure crisis
22 minutes -
Africa must become a destination for investment, not aid — Deputy Finance Minister
51 minutes -
Regulation by invoicing: Systemic flaws in NITA’s licensing push and threat to Ghana’s digital trust
55 minutes -
‘I’m sick and tired of this country’ – Ghanaian in South Africa pour out frustrations at meeting with Foreign Affairs Minister
1 hour -
‘Mum’s dementia means I live in the moment with her’
1 hour -
Energy Commission champions Clean Energy Transition
2 hours -
International Day of the Boy Child marked in Accra
2 hours -
BoG losses will not recur at last year’s scale — Governor Asiama assures
2 hours -
Without trust, digital finance is just technology – BoG Governor
3 hours -
Mental disorders increase by 95.5% globally since 1990 – Study
3 hours -
See the areas that will be affected by ECG’s planned maintenance on May 25
3 hours -
Fire destroys six-bedroom house in Koforidua
4 hours -
Government deploys armoured buses disguised as VIP, STC and OA coaches to fight highway robberies
4 hours