Audio By Carbonatix
Former Secretary of the defunct Inter-Ministerial Committee on Illegal Mining, Charles Bissue says it is unfortunate that the Office of the Special Prosecutor (OSP) has published his photo as a wanted man as though he is a fugitive.
He explained that he's in the country and not on the run.
“I am within the jurisdiction, it is unfortunate that my photos have gone out as though I were a fugitive but that is not the case. So everyone should calm down. I will go so that the truth is revealed,” he said.
Mr. Bissue's comments come after the Special Prosecutor on Tuesday declared him a wanted person.
https://myjoyonline.com/charles-bissue-declared-wanted-by-special-prosecutor
This comes days after the Office of the Special Prosecutor secured an order from the court to arrest him.
This order was secured after Mr Bissue failed to honour an invitation by the Special Prosecutor last month.
Despite the order, the former Presidential staffer’s lawyer had insisted that his client will not turn himself in.
Speaking in an interview on Asempa FM’s Eko Sii Sen on Tuesday, Mr Bissue said will avail himself for the Special Prosecutor to furnish him with the information he wanted. According to him, he has nothing to hide.
He noted that going to meet the Special Prosecutor or any agency he’ll be invited for questioning “is an opportunity to redeem my image more.”
Mr Bissue said he knows and understands the law, adding that “I have been to the Special Prosecutor twice during Martin Amidu’s tenure, I went to NIB twice and CID and provided whichever question was asked.”
When asked why it has taken him so long to respond to the OSP's invitation, a delay that pushed the Special Prosecutor to declare him wanted, Charles Bissue said that he was not in Accra at the time of the invitation, and therefore responded to avail himself the following week.
He added that he wrote to the OSP to explain he had an emergency to attend to, but the Special Prosecutor insisted he shows up the same day, adding that it was during that same time the warrant was issued for his arrest.
Latest Stories
-
World Aquatics warns Ghana Sports Ministry over interference in Swimming Federation
7 minutes -
CDD-Ghana welcomes Supreme Court decision to admit 14 CSOs in OSP constitutionality case
7 minutes -
Lands Minister Kofi Buah touts Ghana’s superior forest management credentials at UN
29 minutes -
Dubai Chamber leads 19-Company Trade Mission to Ghana as non-oil trade hits AED39.6bn
41 minutes -
Supreme Court admits Methodist Church Trustees in controversial Wesley Girls’ SHS case
43 minutes -
Aflao Traditional Council opposes relocation of High Court
46 minutes -
NADMO clears fallen tree at Ataala Junction after heavy rainfall
48 minutes -
PBC secures GH₵30m financing facility to pay cocoa farmers
60 minutes -
PAC disappointed over neglect of Ghana’s New York Mission building
1 hour -
Mighty Minority ready to take on NDC in 2028 – Annoh-Dompreh
1 hour -
Family of murdered Momo vendor gives IGP 14-day ultimatum or they’ll occupy Ketu police command
1 hour -
Abronye DC’s health is deterioting in detention – Oppong Nkrumah
1 hour -
CDSU marks milestones in Global Diplomatic Education and Institutional Evolution
1 hour -
Of 5,000 hectares and 5,000 acres: The ‘small matter’ of land size for Petroleum Hub project
1 hour -
Man killed in Bibiani-Asawinso galamsey clash, site owner arrested
2 hours