The MCE for Kpone-Katamanso, Solomon Appiah, has told JOYNEWS work will begin in earnest on the Motorway Interchange – Kpong Barrier roads after yesterday’s traffic gridlock.
The traffic presented a huge nightmare to many residents and motorists who travel along the Accra-Aflao highway
The congestion is blamed in part on the merger of multiple lanes into a single lane, and cargo trucks often abandoned on sections of the road.
In an interview with JoyNews, MCE for Kpone-Katamanso, Solomon Appiah, said: “We’re graveling the outer lane of the Kpone freeway to enable motorists spend less time in the traffic,” he explained.
“This is a stop gap measure to minimise the heavy vehicular traffic on this stretch,” he added.
Asked how many hours a motorist is expected to spend in traffic today, the MCE indicated that “one should spend less than 30 minutes on the stretch to their various destinations”.
Mr. Appiah pointed out that though the traffic situation isn’t pleasant; they have deployed police officials to assist in the free flow of traffic.
“The traffic is very bad, but, what we are trying to do to minimize its impact on commuters. The traffic is better than yesterday. We are involving all stakeholders that matter to improve the situation,” he added.
A civil engineer, Abdulai Mahama, said the way out permanently is for government to create a dedicated lane for articulated trucks on the Accra- Aflao Highway.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Social media users list Top 5 Ghanaian players
Nursing aide gets 7 life terms for killing 7 elderly VA patients with insulin
Ghana to host African Swimming and Open Water championships
Chief breaks ground for multipurpose Nkawkaw Palace
Double whammy for Ghana in Old Mutual Amazing Voices
RTI Law is to empower citizens and to fight corruption – RTI Coalition
Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Victim recounts
Transgender Cameroonians jailed for 5 years
Dr Prince Hamid Armah: Exploring Akufo-Addo’s commitment to education; Policy, spending, and outcomes
Politicisation of security agencies cause of insecurity in the country- Sam George
Museveni takes oath for 6th term
Ghana has not done enough to get girls out of the streets – Development consultant
China’s population grows to 1.41 billion people
Uganda deploys troops ahead of Museveni inauguration
Banks cannot be blamed for not accepting new Voter ID cards – Association of Bankers
9-year-old boy dies after being ‘struck by lightning’ on football field