The week ended in tears as a Member of Parliament Ekow Quansah Hayford and his driver were killed in a suspected highway robbery attack. This triggered renewed calls by the leadership of parliament for increased security for MPs.
TheGhana Police Service announced a 20,000 cedi reward for any information which can lead to the arrest of those who killed the two.
Other parts of the country also recorded some robberies and incidences of violence. In the Ashanti Region, a National Democratic Congress (NDC) campaign team was attacked by gunmen at Ejuratia.
The Northern Region recorded two attacks. In one of them, a senior National Identification Authority official was shot dead. Security analyst Colonel Festus Aboagye wants security agencies to up their game in the fight against crime.
The NPP’s Constituency Vice-Chairman of Mfantsiman in the Central region, David Awotwe was arrested for his involvement in selling outboard motors.
In the Volta Region, Police said they had retrieved rifles stolen from police armory last month by members of the secessionist groups.
In politics, nine Presidential aspirants including three women have submitted their nomination forms to the Electoral Commission for the December elections.
President Akufo-Addo says he is committed to peace as the country prepares for elections in December.
NDC Flagbearer John Mahama also announced he’s a better manager of the economy than President Akufo-Addo.
Meanwhile, President Akufo-Addo has been receiving the endorsement of some chiefs.
Former and current Gender, Children and Social Protection Ministers have been talking about the over 2-decade-old Affirmation Action Bill.
Finally, PRESEC-Legon won its sixth trophy of the just-ended National Science Maths Quiz (NSMQ).
- 5 reasons to stop searching for your soulmate and what to do instead
- Arthur Kobina Kennedy: The people’s movement on the street
- Ghana to leverage on funerals to boost local tourism – Tourism Minister
- Tory Lanez ‘scared for his life’ in prison after Megan Thee Stallion shooting
- Samples from ‘most dangerous known rock in the Solar System’ brought to Earth
- NPP National Youth Wing commends government development efforts amid demonstration
- Writers Guild, studios reach tentative deal, potentially ending monthslong strike that ground Hollywood to a halt
- Russian man imprisoned 22 years ago escapes on the day of his release
- 8 people describe the exact moment they knew they found someone worth the risk
- Bankye ampesi reduces risk of colon cancer
- Stop romanticizing the past so you can enjoy your life
- Woman who held 16 jobs simultaneously for three years never actually did any work
- The 5 potential stages of a breakup, according to relationship experts
- Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu mourns late former MP for Bantama
- What is love bombing and how is it different from falling in love?