Audio By Carbonatix
Kumasi Asante Kotoko’s opponents in Sunday’s CAF Champions League, preliminary round return leg match, JSM Bejaia of Algeria arrived at the Kotoka International Airport in Accra on Wednesday.
The 29-man contingent, comprising 17 players and 12 officials touched down at the airport at 5am. They were met on arrival by Deputy Kotoko Accra Representative, Nana Kwame Dankwa; a Ghana Football Association official, Daniel Oduro and the Algerian Ambassador, H. E. Larbi Katti.
The Bejaia team after arrival formalities moved straight into a waiting, luxurious VIP bus which left for Kumasi at 6 am. They are expected to be in the Garden City by 10 am. Speaking in a brief interview, Ambasador Larbi Katti described the reception given to JSM Bejaia as good.
He commended Kotoko and Ghana for that matter for our hospitality. “We are okay. Everything thing is good. We thank Kotoko and Ghana for their warm reception. We are looking forward to a good match” said the Ambassador who spoke on behalf of the team.
Nana Kwame, who led the visitors’ bus alongside a Police Dispatch rider to Kumasi, disclosed that Kotoko will treat the Algerians fairly despite reports that the Porcupine Warriors were shabbily treated during their visit to Algeria last month.
“We do not intend to do anything outside the rules governing the competition. We can talk about how badly they treated us while we were in Algeria but this is Ghana. We will do everything as we have been known for. We will treat them fairly but then we will surely kick them out from the competition” said Nana Kwame.
Kumasi Asante Kotoko drew goalless in the first leg encounter which was played on Friday, March 15. The Porcupine Warriors thus need no other result apart from a win to advance to the next stage of the competition.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Call off strike, give us one month to resolve payment issues – Education Minister appeals to GAUA
1 hour -
Cagliari’s Trepy in intensive care after pool incident
1 hour -
Chelsea co-owners Boehly & Walter explore selling stakes
1 hour -
GAUA to consult members after talks with Haruna Iddrisu as strike continues
1 hour -
Man Utd will reject any bid for Fernandes
2 hours -
Guardiola-Walker fallout revealed in new documentary
2 hours -
NDC’s interest aligns with the Constitution – Srem-Sai defends push for speedy trials
2 hours -
Man City move for £85m Bouaddi and still want Fernandez
2 hours -
Rodri lands in Barcelona to complete ‘dream’ move
2 hours -
Being fast doesn’t mean perverting justice – Srem-Sai challenges critics to prove manipulation
2 hours -
Lawyers can’t decide how cases run – Srem-Sai fires back in vacation court row
3 hours -
Aksa case should ordinarily be handled by OSP, not EOCO – Manhyia South MP
3 hours -
Norway’s king admitted to hospital and put on sick leave
3 hours -
Education Minister engages university administrators over ongoing strike
4 hours -
Technological convergence, disruptive innovation and the future of youth education in Ghana
4 hours