Audio By Carbonatix
The nation’s premier health facility, Korle-Bu teaching hospital has debunked media reports that the outfit faces serious crisis.
Speaking on Asempa FM’s current affairs talk show, Ekosii sen on Wednesday, the public relations officer for Korle Bu, Mustapha Salifu said though the hospital has challenges the media reports are grossly untrue.
He said the pressure on the facility stems from the increasing number of patients seeking healthcare from the hospital and disclosed that some departments have challenges while some equipment have broken down.
Mr. Salifu admitted that the congestion at the hospital is purely due to humanitarian reasons. “Isn’t it better to add a patient to another on a bed than turn him away because there aren’t enough beds?”, he quizzed.
He said reports that the Medical Block was inaccessible is false. According to Mr. Salifu, the block was rehabilitated and refurbished with new equipment last year and has since been functional.
Mr. Salifu however admitted that the surgery theatre of the pediatric emergency ward, a unit under the department of child health is currently dysfunctional. The facility has been shut down since 2007 but funds are now available to award contracts for rehabilitation works to commence.
Story: Abraham Lante Lamptey/Asempa FM/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Tamale Metropolitan Assembly distributes 10,000 bags of fertiliser to farmers
3 minutes -
TUSAAG suspends strike, resumes work after renewed talks with government
7 minutes -
PIAC marks 15 years of oil revenue accountability and transparency
14 minutes -
Adongo calls for non-political interference in $1.46bn Heritage Fund review
19 minutes -
FDA records GH¢70m surplus in 2025 amid concerns over ageing lab equipment
20 minutes -
Arise Ghana demands stronger commitment to end galamsey
22 minutes -
96% of Ghanaian pensioners willing to work beyond retirement age – Study
26 minutes -
Ghana gets nuclear power plant simulator
32 minutes -
Temporary Akosombo power control facility to be ready by September – Energy Ministry
33 minutes -
GMTF, Atlantic Lifesciences explore local production of cancer and heart medicines
37 minutes -
GHS medical-legal claims hit GH¢400m in three years
43 minutes -
Mahama cautions Ghanaians not to take religious freedom for granted
59 minutes -
We need development pathway, not selection exercise – Sports Minister urges football stakeholders
1 hour -
Government prioritises foundational learning to improve education outcomes
1 hour -
Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire deepen maritime security cooperation through joint boundary inspection
1 hour