Impeccable information reaching Joy News says President John Mahama has relieved Power Minister Dr. Kwabena Donkor of his post.
This is coming at a time the minister has been touting his ability to put an end to a bedeviling four-year load shedding.
The load shedding which was nicknamed “dumsor” was an albatross on the neck of the government forcing the president to create a new ministry to tackle issues in the power sector.
Days after his appointment, Dr. Kwabena Donkor made a bold declaration, promising Ghanaians he will end the load shedding by the end of the year. He promised to resign if that was not achieved.
On Wednesday, December 30, 2015, his ministry issued a statement to announce an end to the load shedding.
“The Ministry of Power wishes inform the public that its Load Shedding programme in respect of electricity supply has been brought to an end,” the statement said.
The pronouncement was received with caution by some consumers and civil society groups notably the Africa Centre for Energy Policy (ACEP).
It appears the presidency is itself not convinced by the statement announcing an end to load shedding.
Joy News has learnt that Dr. Donkor has been asked to vacate his ministry, most likely, on January 1, 2016.
However sources at the Power Ministry say the Minister has not received any communication with regards to any dismissal.
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- 8 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,334
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- Doctor withdraws notice to leave health centre after Bawumia donated equipment and supplies
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
More apprentices write COTVET exams in Bono Region
Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
‘A spit in the face of football lovers’ – Uefa boss condemns European Super League plans
GRIDCo releases excess fibre capacity to CSquared for broadband distribution
Amansie West MP initiates responsible mining program
My call to duty is worship – Wendy asserts in new song
Government to switch off analogue signal soon as CDTCL takes off
Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
Government assures local creditors of AirtelTigo arrangement to settle debt owed company
NASA makes history by flying a helicopter on Mars for the first time
We possess the ingenuity to oversee our economic restoration – Ofori-Atta tells staff
Herrera and Ozil among players slamming European Super League
Namibia asks gay parents to prove link to children
Film producer Alfred Agyapong ready to inject $150k into film industry
7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize