Claude Puel hopes the injury suffered by Daniel Amartey late in Leicester's draw with West Ham is not serious as it appeared.
The defender, 23, was carried from the pitch on a stretcher after twisting his left ankle in injury time.
Leicester manager Puel said: "I hope it is not as a serious as we think. He will have to have an examination."
Wilfred Ndidi had equalised for the Foxes just a few moments earlier to earn a 1-1 draw.
The Foxes fought back after going behind to Fabian Balbuena's opener after 30 minutes but Puel was more concerned about the young Ghanaian, who appeared distressed as he left the field.
"My first thought at the end is for my player Daniel," he said. "He played well and gave his best so it is difficult to see this injury at the end. He will have an exam and we will see after. He has gone to the hospital, of course.
"I thought more about that at the end than the game."
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Government to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians I know in Ghana – Prof. Stephen Adei
- How to check 2022 WASSCE provisional results
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- IMF confirms Ghana’s intention to conduct debt restructuring in 2023
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- Recent measures by government to revamp the economy commendable – Prof Adei
- Qatar 2022: I am playing to the instructions of the head coach – Thomas Partey
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- ‘My worst punishment was to be told not to go to school’ – First UG Female Finance Professor
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Lemonade Finance presents Delay in “Wo si woyε musician?”
- Hubtel extends operations to the Northern Region
- NACOC seizes Amphetamine tablets concealed in café worth $1.4m
- GRA to focus on Hospitality and Tourism Sector during festive season to rake in revenue
- COVID Levy: People feel scammed – Kofi Bentil
- Sam Jonah: Extractives, climate change and energy transition: what the future holds for Africa
- Darkovibes releases new single ‘Yao’
- Qatar 2022: Ghanaians want Black Stars to exact revenge on Uruguay
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- It’s not my fault Asamoah Gyan missed the penalty in 2010 – Luis Suarez