It was just another day at Target for the Solito family. But an impromptu photo has since made that trip anything but ordinary.
Danielle Solito's 15-month-old daughter, Emma, was fussy. But her 10-year-old daughter, who was busy shopping for toys with the Target gift cards she had gotten the day before for her birthday, wasn't ready to go.
So Solito's husband grabbed a cart and started pushing his wife and daughter around while Emma nursed.
Her mother-in-law, the San Jose, Calif. mother of two said, was "cracking up. She was bending over she was laughing so hard. Then Emma props her foot up. She thought it was hilarious." So she snapped a photo and Solito shared it to the Breastfeeding Mama Talk Facebook page. It's been liked thousands of times since.
Solito thinks the photo has resonated with people because "it shows a husband being supportive, pushing us around, rather than having us go somewhere else."
Her decision to breastfeed the baby while staying with her 10-year-old is also striking a chord. "There's a huge age gap and our kids are on totally different pages," she said. "This was a way I could stay present with Ava."
Still, she had no idea her photo would get so much attention when she shared it. "I'm just all for supporting other breastfeeding moms," she said.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- How to stop comparing your relationship to others
- Health Director orders killing of Keta stray dogs
- Take charge of your health with these easy tips
- 10 awkward money scenarios to avoid on a date
- 'Can I forgive him? – How I discovered my husband’s sex obsession'
- Men with these 10 traits make the strongest, most valuable partners
- Former BOST boss donates generator to Bibiani hospital
- Ofosu-Barko Foundation offers free medical screening in Amansie West
- Six ways social media negatively affects your mental health
- Can falling in love have an impact on your health?
- Want to ‘redesign’ your body? Read this
- A common struggle: How a mixture of narcotics and alcohol plunged me into anxiety attacks
- Can you get in trouble for not wearing a bra at work?
- Study reveals female SHS students abusing antibiotics
- 10 reasons why you could be gaining weight even though you are exercising