Audio By Carbonatix
Valencia say they will ban for life the fan who hit Barcelona forward Lionel Messi on the head with a plastic bottle in Sunday's La Liga match.
The 27-year-old was struck as Barcelona players celebrated Sergio Busquets' late winner.
Messi was not injured in the incident, but Valencia said in a statement they "regret and condemn the incident".
"The club will endeavour to locate the person who threw the bottle," Valencia added.
"They will be banned for life from the Mestalla. Valencia CF operate a zero tolerance policy on such actions and rigorously enforce all security measures set out by legislation."
Barcelona coach Luis Enrique says Spanish clubs are "fighting against" fans trying to cause trouble at games.
"What happens inside the grounds, yes, you can control," he said.
"You can have at any ground a madman who is desperate to cause trouble but we are fighting against that."
Earlier on in the day, a supporter died after violent clashes between fans before Atletico Madrid's home match against Deportivo La Coruna.
"Those things that happened this morning, that was really unfortunate but it doesn't represent football," added Enrique.
"People go to football matches and use a club's colours to hide behind and look for violence. That has happened for a long, long time and we have to take action against that.
"The teams, the clubs and league are trying to do what they can. They will have to take drastic measures but we have to eradicate violence from football and society."
Latest Stories
-
Christopher Bonsu Baah win Staff Player of the Year award in debut season with Al Qadsiah
5 minutes -
Laryea Kingston’s Uganda beat Ghana 8-7 on penalties to secure U-17 World Cup spot and extend Black Starlets’ absence to nine years
18 minutes -
FIFA U17 World Cup playoffs: Uganda beat Black Starlets on penalties to qualify
22 minutes -
2026 U17 WWCQ: Goalfest in Accra as Black Maidens hit Liberia for six
30 minutes -
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
1 hour -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
2 hours -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
2 hours -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
2 hours -
Nestlé Ghana, ECOM Ghana hand over 6-unit classroom block to Adarkwa Methodist Primary School
2 hours -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
2 hours -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
2 hours -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
3 hours -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
4 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
4 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
4 hours