Harry Maguire scored deep into extra-time as Manchester United overcame valiant 10-man Norwich to reach the FA Cup semi-finals.
The England defender, who moments earlier had a header brilliantly saved by Tim Krul, reacted sharply to turn in the loose ball at the far post.
The game turned on the dismissal of substitute Timm Klose in the 89th minute. Norwich were in the ascendancy after equalising and looked favourites to snatch a late winner before the German was shown a straight red for pulling back Odion Ighalo.
The video assistant referee checked Jon Moss’ decision and confirmed it within seconds.
Neither side particularly impressed in attack, although both goals in normal time were of high quality.
The first was scored by Ighalo, who continued his good run in cup competitions with a flicked effort with the outside of his boot in the 51st minute.
The second goal was even better. Todd Cantwell, Norwich’s best player in attack at Carrow Road, let fly from 25 yards with a low swerving shot that beat the reach of Sergio Romero.
Norwich will now focus on their increasingly difficult task of beating the drop from the Premier League. As for United, this was a patchy display but they remain in contention in two cup competitions and for a top-four spot in the league.
- Takoradi woman faked pregnancy and kidnap – Regional Minister
- Fugees announce reunion tour, Ghana listed among countries
- Ablakwa to file another urgent question in Parliament over Akufo-Addo’s ‘extravagant’ foreign trips
- Police interdicts 4 officers who assaulted Tamale residents over illegal connection
- Provisional census results peg Ghana’s population at 30.8m – Statistical Service
- Kohwe was not my brother – George Laing clarifies
- Police deny NPP executives’ bail request for 12 arrested protestors in North East Region
- Peugeot Landtrek Double Cabin 4×4 vehicle launched; assembling of Peugeot vehicles in Ghana to begin in March 2022
- Suspected thief made to weed acres of land as punishment at Bibiani
- Takoradi missing woman: Neighbours, husband dispute Regional Minister’s claim she faked pregnancy, kidnap
‘Admit AU in G20 Group of Nations – Akufo-Addo
‘Ghana will defend democracy and constitutional rule’ – Akufo-Addo
Guinea coup: Military junta willing to see to Condé’s release – Akufo-Addo
‘Vaccines as a tool for immigration control is retrogressive’ – Akufo-Addo
Absa Group to Implement Second Significant B-BBEE Transaction
Musician Kaakyire Kwame Appiah enstooled Benkumhene Of Bosomtwe Asaman
Suaman youth shower praise on Akufo-Addo for DCE appointment
Izwe Savings and Loans rewards customers and staff at its 10th anniversary virtual cake cutting ceremony
Prudential Bank donates vehicle to reward first runner-up of teacher prize
Seth Kwame Awuku: Parliament -Amending the 1990 ECOWAS supplementary protocol
Playback: Akufo-Addo addresses 76th session of UN General Assembly
Mozzart Bet offers biggest odds in 3 games today
Kohwe was not my brother – George Laing clarifies
Northern Region Police Commander visits victims of brutalities in Tamale
R. Kelly’s legal team brings witnesses who say they never saw abuse by the singer