Former District Chief Executive (DCE) of Adaklu, Phanuel Donkoh Kadey, who was nominated by President Akufo-Addo to serve another term has been rejected by members of the Assembly.
Mr Donkoh Kadey secured 9 out of 18 votes cast, not enabling him gain the needed requirement to remain the DCE for the Adaklu District.
He was the first to be rejected in the ongoing MMDCEs confirmation in the Volta Region.
Mrs Emilia Emefa Adzimah for Agotime Ziope Assembly was also rejected. Out of 22 votes cast, she managed to garner 12.
The Volta Regional Minister, Dr Archibald Yao Letsa before voting commenced, according to JoyNews correspondent, Ivy Setordjie, urged assembly members of the two districts to confirm the nominees.
The minister noted that it was necessary for nominees to be confirmed so that development projects can continue in the districts.
In the case of the Agortime Ziope District, the minister, urged the assembly members to vote for the nominee as she was the only female nominated in the Volta Region.
On his part, MP for Adaklu, Kwame Agbodza, said it was necessary for the confirmation of the MMDCEs to be held in transparent environment devoid of interference from individuals or groups of people.
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Turkey earthquakes: Christian Atsu found – Turkish media confirm
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Yul Edochie’s first wife threatens to sue actress over photoshopped image with Judy Austin
- Ankaful Psychiatric Hospital offers free treatment to former ‘NSMQ shark’
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Don’t behave like Finance Ministry is your personal property – Kpebu tells Ofori-Atta over nonpayment of matured coupons
- Glory to God – Social media users rejoice after Christian Atsu found alive
- Put hefty taxes on alcohol, cigarettes to generate funds money to fight cancer
- Total household spending falls by 11% in 2022 – UK-Ghana Chamber of Commerce survey
- NDC to consider reforms for selecting leaders in Parliament – National Council of Elders
- We want to make VAR interventions more understandable for spectators – Pierluigi Collina
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Mukwala nets brace as Kotoko run riot against Accra Lions
- Parliament resumes from recess today
- ‘You are free to sign DDEP is not the same as exemption’ – Dr Adu Anane Antwi
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Ghana Gas to build second Processing Plant; 1.5k jobs assured
- Remarkable progress with ongoing IMF programme is significant to recovery efforts; momentum must be sustained – Ofori-Atta
- The origin of Hiplife: How rapping in Twi ‘blew people’s minds’
- Family of Thomas Sankara boycotts burial plans
- Court reinstates sacked anti-corruption chief