Rafael Nadal’s amazing season stalled unexpectedly when the Spaniard injured his right knee during the ongoing Paris Masters.
Nadal has done enough throughout the season to finish at the No. 1 spot regardless of this injury set back.
Starting his season in Brisbane in the Australian open circuit, Nadal has since been to 10 finals this year and won 6 of those.
The 16 grand slam title holder picked up the injury in his third round game at the Paris Masters against Pablo Cuevas where he needed some medical assistance during the game to be able to continue.
Nadal confirmed he had been treating the injury last night but had to make the tough decision of pulling out of the competition this afternoon since his condition had not alleviated.
This is not the first time Nadal has struggled with a knee injury in his career but he remains optimistic about playing in the ATP finals in London.
Nadal, 31, is the oldest player to sit atop the world rankings and this is his fourth time finishing the year as the highest ranked player.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- Joy Learning facilitator Stella Gyimaah Larbi adjudged overall best teacher for 2022
- Social media users impressed with Black Sherif’s ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Alberta Mortty: I love my breast; I love my life more
- Assistant headmaster of Mpatasie D/A dies in ‘galamsey’ pit
- 36 arrested in Ejisu for alleged network marketing scamming
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- #NoToGalamsey: Failure to deal with ‘galamsey’ could lead to street terrorism – Prof. Gatsi
- AngloGold Ashanti pleased with community support to ward off illegal miners from Obuasi concession
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Prosecute Chairman Wontumi, Charles Bissue, others neck-deep in galamsey – NDC to Akufo-Addo
- Cities and Habitats, Ecobank launch ‘Rent to Own Boafo) home ownership package
- A-G advises Interior Ministry to compensate Ejura shooting victims
- GEPA optimistic of achieving 2029 NTES revenue target of $25.3bn
- Two health institutions in UK award £10 million to fight non-communicable diseases in West Africa
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- Cardiovascular diseases on the rise in Ghana; access to healthcare still a challenge – Report
- Power supply was curtailed to Weija, adjourning communities due to flood – ECG