A young man is feared dead after he was knocked down by a taxi on the Teshie-Nungua road, Monday morning.
The man believed to be in his 30s was hit by the taxi as he attempted to cross the road.
Eyewitnesses say the taxi which was on top speed, dug under the victim, lifted him up on top of the taxi before taking a tumble on the back bonnet of the vehicle with a splash of blood all over the vehicle.
The windscreen of the taxi was shattered after hitting the victim.
The name, identity of the victim is yet to be ascertained but some eyewitnesses say he lives in the Teshie Township.
With blood dripping from his fractured head, the victim was put into the bucket of a police vehicle and driven away together with the driver of the taxi.
The incident caused a lot of traffic on that stretch of road from the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre to the entrance of the Military Academy Training School (MATS).
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Family cleans house, finds pet tortoise missing since 1982
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now
- ‘Galamsey’-induced water crisis spreads through Cape Coast
- Security Warehouse wins Outstanding Electronic Security Company in West Africa
- Church leaders must ensure security on church premises - Opuni-Frimpong
- Let's fight poverty not each other - Bawumia calls for peace in Chereponi
- 3 persons jailed for receiving stolen items
- Self-styled journalist charged for fraud
- UN chief deplores lack of civilian protection in armed conflict
- Freedom of worship is not complete in Ghana - Abotsi
- Let's develop national character for sustainable good governance - Rawlings
- MTN Heroes of Change Season 5 10 finalists named
- Photos: Careguide Montessori School marks AU Day
- PDS waives over ¢100m for Krobo Odumase residents
- Photos: Articulated truck tumbles on the Kwame Nkrumah Overhead