A young man is feared dead after he was knocked down by a taxi on the Teshie-Nungua road, Monday morning.
The man believed to be in his 30s was hit by the taxi as he attempted to cross the road.
Eyewitnesses say the taxi which was on top speed, dug under the victim, lifted him up on top of the taxi before taking a tumble on the back bonnet of the vehicle with a splash of blood all over the vehicle.
The windscreen of the taxi was shattered after hitting the victim.
The name, identity of the victim is yet to be ascertained but some eyewitnesses say he lives in the Teshie Township.
With blood dripping from his fractured head, the victim was put into the bucket of a police vehicle and driven away together with the driver of the taxi.
The incident caused a lot of traffic on that stretch of road from the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre to the entrance of the Military Academy Training School (MATS).
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Swedru municipal guard in assault case arrested
- Eugene Arhin recognised among 'Most Influential People of African Descent'
- Unemployed man remanded over robbery
- Absence of policy framework on road safety to blame for carnage - Lawyer
- NADMO distributes relief items to Chereponi victims
- Paul lobbied to appear on AWW Commission – Kofi Abotsi reveals
- Baako calls for ‘occasional’ media blacklist of Police Service
- Gov't working towards non-custodial sentencing regime
- Woman assaulted at Midland Savings petitions AG over dismissal of her case
- Chinese Police use alleged criminal’s childhood photo for wanted poster
- Black Friday: Randy Abbey’s critical questions to gov’t on road accidents
- Gov't taking firm steps to clear arrears owed caterers - Minister
- This is the world's busiest airport
- NDC mourns Black Friday road carnage victims
- Minority wants Roads, Transport and Interior ministers summoned over road carnage