A young man is feared dead after he was knocked down by a taxi on the Teshie-Nungua road, Monday morning.
The man believed to be in his 30s was hit by the taxi as he attempted to cross the road.
Eyewitnesses say the taxi which was on top speed, dug under the victim, lifted him up on top of the taxi before taking a tumble on the back bonnet of the vehicle with a splash of blood all over the vehicle.
The windscreen of the taxi was shattered after hitting the victim.
The name, identity of the victim is yet to be ascertained but some eyewitnesses say he lives in the Teshie Township.
With blood dripping from his fractured head, the victim was put into the bucket of a police vehicle and driven away together with the driver of the taxi.
The incident caused a lot of traffic on that stretch of road from the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre to the entrance of the Military Academy Training School (MATS).
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Adjaye refutes architects’ allegation - Says firm is doing legitimate business
- Newspaper headlines : Friday, July 19, 2019
- Teachers urged to encourage students to excel
- Police open investigation into fatal Akrokerri mine pit collapse
- TUC backs plan to restructure NIB, ADB
- Forestry Commission bans hunting, capturing of wild animals
- MTN Heroes of Change 2019: Meet the Ekumfi man putting books on library shelves
- Indian man hasn’t cut or washed his hair in 40 years
- Flight attendants share their biggest passenger pet peeves
- UNESCO, ECOWAS sign MOU to enhance safety of Journalists in West Africa
- Third complaint against Sir David Adjaye over multiple contracts
- Christian family refuses to pay income taxes because it “goes against God’s will”
- Woman, 34, murdered in Agona Swedru
- Parliament approves conversion of UDS Wa campus into University
- 43-year-old mechanic jailed 5 years for beating up police officers