A young man is feared dead after he was knocked down by a taxi on the Teshie-Nungua road, Monday morning.
The man believed to be in his 30s was hit by the taxi as he attempted to cross the road.
Eyewitnesses say the taxi which was on top speed, dug under the victim, lifted him up on top of the taxi before taking a tumble on the back bonnet of the vehicle with a splash of blood all over the vehicle.
The windscreen of the taxi was shattered after hitting the victim.
The name, identity of the victim is yet to be ascertained but some eyewitnesses say he lives in the Teshie Township.
With blood dripping from his fractured head, the victim was put into the bucket of a police vehicle and driven away together with the driver of the taxi.
The incident caused a lot of traffic on that stretch of road from the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre to the entrance of the Military Academy Training School (MATS).
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Gov't working on law to improve cybersecurity environment
- Gbewa Palace gates open as Abudus perform funeral for overlord
- Violence against women: MP charges gov’t to resource DOVVSU
- Send Ghana wants govt to crack whip on School Feeding fraud
- National Chief Imam commends and prays for Joy News' Latif Iddrisu
- School Feeding Coordinator suspended
- Punish heads who use pupils for political activities – Bright Appiah
- Ghana paying too much for Medical Drones Service – Procurement expert
- Fiesta Royale donates to Maternal Unit of Achimota Hospital
- Prempeh College ’98 old boys donate water system to school to mark homecoming anniversary
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Full document: Controversial MoH, Zipline medical drone agreement
- Ethiopian Airlines launches services to Manchester
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine