A commercial bus [trotro] driver is alleged to have committed suicide at Alajo in Accra.
The wife of the 54-year-old man found him hanged to death at their Alajo residence Thursday dawn.
According to some friends of the deceased, he was recently involved in a deal-gone-bad and that may have influenced his decision to end his life.
“He gave the trotro to another driver in a deal called ‘spare driver’ but then the vehicle went missing for a few days,” one of his friends told Joy News.
According to his narration, the vehicle was found after seven days but the owner who is a police officer demanded that the deceased worked without pay to cater for funds lost for the days that the vehicle went missing.
“The wife of the deceased went this dawn with her pastor’s wife to plead with the policeman for an amicable way out and it was agreed that the deceased worked to pay the money in instalments,” the narrator said.
He added that the wife of the deceased returned from the negotiation around 4:00 am to find her husband hanged to death.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- CIPS lauds creation of Ethics and Standards Committee
- Pope John's, others sail through in NSMQ qualifiers
- University Prof tasks students to get 1,667 friends on social media for A+
- E-justice system to improve court integrity, save time, money - Judge
- Privately trained nurses gear up to re-enact ‘kumiprɛko’ demo
- Today's Front Pages
- No prosecutions since 2006 - Police/military brutalities on journalists...
- UK Embassy introduces self-upload Visa, Immigration application portal
- U.S. Ambassador reinforces commitment to Sustainable Development in NR
- Party security are militias not vigilantes - Abotsi defends Short C’ssion
- Corpses, carcasses in drought-hit Kenya
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- Settle your indebtedness to GBC or face prosecution - PAC
- Samira secures Indian scholarship and free care for special pediatric cases
- UEW Council stands by decision to sack 3 lecturers