Reports by some online news portals and newspapers suggest that the three kidnapped Takoradi young ladies have been rescued.
Pro-government newspaper, Daily Guide, has reported Wednesday that the three young ladies are currently seeking medical treatment at an undisclosed health facility in Accra.
“Sources say they were brought to Accra from Takoradi yesterday [Tuesday],” Daily Guides reports.
Ruth Quayson, Priscilla Blessing Bentum and Priscilla Koranchie were reported kidnapped between August 2018 and January 2019.
The main suspect in the kidnapping case, Sam Udoetuk Wills, is currently before a court after he escaped jail in December 2018 following his first arrest.
Friends and family of the young ladies have held protests to push for their rescue and have petitioned the President and the Sekondi Regional Coordinating Council for same.
When Joy News contacted the families on Wednesday morning, they said they have not been officially informed that their daughters have been found.
Meanwhile, early this month police said they have discovered the whereabouts of three girls kidnapped last year at Takoradi and are closer to bringing them home.
“We know where the girls are,” the Director-General of the Criminal Investigations Department, DCOP Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo-Danquah told reporters.
She appealed to families of the victims to “keep on keeping on.” The families have been desperate for news of their daughters and their whereabouts since Priscilla Bentum was kidnapped in August 2018 – the first of the three kidnappings.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Manhunt for chief who allegedly kidnapped another chief
- CID exonerates Bissue in Anas exposé
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 22, 2019
- IGP, CID boss face court today over Afoko bail brouhaha
- T'di residents laud introduction of cylinder re-circulation model
- New technique promises to ease teaching, learning of mathematics
- Education Ministry clarifies position on reposting SHS teachers with distance degrees
- U.S. weather service bakes biscuits in hot car
- 5 African countries that promise the best honeymoon money can buy
- LEKMA road finally gets new contractor
- Deeper Life tackles immorality with campus congress
- Report wives who wear jeans to bed - DOVVSU
- You can pay to cuddle cows at this New York farm
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked