Some students of Presec Legon in Accra have designed a software application that enhances exeat systems in the boarding house of the country’s senior high schools.
Ebenezer Kyere and Japheth Selorm Hlorjie designed the app as part of the 2019 National Science and Maths Quiz tech fair.
The form 2 students say some challenges that face the current exeat system is a forgery of signatures and overstaying of the period granted.
Speaking to JoyNews, they say the software seeks to solve these problems by creating a log system that the housemasters have access to.
The app also sends a text notification to parents when their wards have been granted an exeat.
Ebenezer and Japheth say they hope to develop the app into something bigger.
Watch them speak to JoyNews’ Maxwell Agbagba below:
More News Headlines
- Asamponhene's killing: Close confidant arrested
- Corruption is toxic and prevailing in every sector -Anglican Bishop
- Missing Tardi girl’s family hold prayers to mark first anniversary
- Driver, mate jailed 17-years for robbery
- Police suspect contract killing in Otumfuo's Asamponhene murder
- Man with old TV set mask leaving old TV sets on people’s porches
- The top cities overrun by tourists
- KNUST supports winners of 2019 Presidential Pitch Season II Competition
- Akufo-Addo to open National Conference on AFCFTA Implementation Monday
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Otumfuo’s Asamponhene killed
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V