Audio By Carbonatix
Legal counsel for former Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta, Mr Frank Davies, has vehemently rejected assertions by the Office of the Special Prosecutor (OSP) that it has not received a medical report explaining Ofori-Atta’s failure to honour scheduled appearances.
The OSP, on 2 June, claimed the former minister had failed to produce supporting documentation for his health-related absence and accused him of acting in bad faith.
In an interview on Citi FM on Friday, 6 June, Mr Davies described the OSP’s position as entirely untrue, insisting that the medical report had been properly submitted as part of legal proceedings.
“I have said, time without number, that, for the OSP to say that he hasn’t sighted that medical report is a blatant falsehood, and it is unfortunate that he is holding such a public office,” he stated.
Mr Davies explained that the report was included in documents filed in court on 27 May 2025, ahead of a hearing on 28 May. He maintained that the report was duly served on the Special Prosecutor’s office and could not have been overlooked.
“The processes that were filed in court on May 27, 2025, pursuant to the application that was heard by the court on May 28, the medical report was in the bond that was served on the special prosecutor. Unless he doesn’t read his court processes thoroughly,” he remarked.
Describing the situation as “distressing,” Mr Davies expressed disappointment at what he saw as a lack of professionalism from the OSP in managing such a sensitive matter.
He warned against misinformation and urged public officials to be more diligent in their duties.
“So, for him to come and say that he hasn’t seen any medical report is a blatant falsehood. And as an officer of the court, I find it distressing,” he added, calling for greater accountability and accuracy from the OSP in its ongoing dealings with the matter.
Latest Stories
-
2026 U17 WWCQ: Goalfest in Accra as Black Maidens hit Liberia for six
20 seconds -
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
54 minutes -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
1 hour -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
1 hour -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
1 hour -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
1 hour -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
2 hours -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
2 hours -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
3 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
3 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
3 hours -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
5 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
5 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
5 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
6 hours