Tepa SHS has booked a semifinal spot in the ongoing National Science and Maths Quiz.
They defeated Accra Academy and St. John’s Grammar, both based in Accra Friday morning to achieve the feat.
The Ashanti Region school took the quarterfinal contest by the horns and dragged their challengers throughout the five-round battle.
Tepa was not tipped among the favourites to win the ultimate at the start of the competition but after reaching the semifinal and putting down some fancied schools, they should hope for more.
They finished their quarterfinal contest in style with 50 points; impressive considering some giants achieved the same feat with lesser tallies.
Accra Academy, perhaps the favourites, for this contest was no match at all and finished with just 29 points.
St John’s Grammar who defeated Volta Region giants, Bishop Herman College and seeded school, Ghana National College, to get to the quarterfinal, put up a good fight but only finished in second with 39 points.
The quarterfinal contests continue till Saturday, July, 6.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 16, 2019
- Gov’t to improve STEM education at JHS level with virtual labs
- Meet Ramos: The trending, handsome, pop star-looking goat
- Key member of Yaa Ansaa Family fighting Akwamuhene installation pledges support
- Top lesser known Safari parks in Africa
- Okoe Boye at the end of the road over ‘hopeless’ Lekma stretch
- Rawlings’ dispatch rider shot, suffers broken arm
- Video of chief allegedly slaughtering human is false - Police
- Krachi West supports 50 PWDs with start-up kits
- Registrar dragged to Special Prosecutor for allegedly awarding himself ȼ2m contract
- That's My Opinion: The People vs Nana Ansah Kwao IV
- Obinim fights GRA over ȼ769,000 unpaid taxes
- Assemblies of God begins 7-day fast for three kidnapped girls
- High court rescinds bail granted Gregory Afoko
- NaCCA to introduce shortcode to control ‘unapproved’ textbooks